What Spell Did Snape Teach Harry
OcclumencyTo perform Occlumency, a person had to rid their mind of all thoughts and emotions. Make it blank and calm, Snape told Harry. With a quiet mind, a person could then repel the Legilimency attack by disarming, shielding or hexing their opponent, as Harry did during his first lesson with Snape.
Who Becomes Headmaster After Snape
Professor Marazion, who took over as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry after Minerva McGonagall retired due to getting on a bit, became Headmaster or Headmistress sometime between 2008 and 2017, after Minerva McGonagall retired due to getting on a bit.
Chapter 2: Seen And Unforeseen
- “You are quite right, of course, Professor Umbridge. As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to send them away from the castle. I am afraid, he went on, with a courteous little bow, “that the power to do that still resides with the Headmaster, and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continue to live at Hogwarts.”
- Dumbledore, to Umbridge
Umbridge considers Rubeus Hagrid and Sybill Trelawney incompetent, and sacks Trelawney. Although Dumbledore is unable to prevent Trelawney’s dismissal, he invokes his authority to allow her to remain in the castle and appoints a new Divination teacher – a centaur, Firenze, much to Umbridge’s disgust, due to her hatred for half-breeds.
Firenze teaching Divination
Also Check: How Much Money Did Jk Rowling Donate To Charity
The Half Blood Prince: Albus Dumbledores Funeral
Albus Dumbledores funeral could have been one of the most memorable scenes in the whole of the Harry Potter movies. In the book, its where literally everybody weve met previously turns up to pay their respects, from friends such as Alastor Mad-Eye Moody and Olympe Maxime, to enemies such as Dolores Umbridge and Rita Skeeter.
It was cut from the movie because Warner Bros. wanted to keep the movie light – which is ironic, considering theres just one sunny scene in the whole blockbuster.
Things To Know If You’re Skipping Harry Potter And The Cursed Child
With the published version of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child receiving such mixed reviews from diehard Potter fans, a growing number of people have decided to skip the script and continue with only their knowledge of the original series. If you’re among this group and have opted out of reading the play, there are still a few things you should know we’ve got the most important plot developments from the new installment that are total game changers.
Don’t Miss: What Is Hermione’s Middle Name
Chapter 1: Dumbledore’s Army
- “Yeah, the DA’s good. Only let’s make it stand for Dumbledore’s Army, because that’s the Ministry’s worst fear, isn’t it?”
- Ginny, about the name of the group
Dobby with his many hats
Despite the prohibition, they name their clandestine group “Dumbledore’s Army”, or the D.A. for short, to mock the Ministry of Magic, which fears Dumbledore is creating a secret wizard army. Harry assures all the 25 members that the meetings would go ahead once an ideal location was found. Soon, Harry is told about the Room of Requirement by the house-elfDobby. For the safety of the group, Hermione bewitches some coins with a Protean Charm, one for each member of the D.A. When activated by Harry, the numbers on each coin change to inform the bearer of the time and date of the next meeting. In the D.A. meetings, Harry starts them off slowly, practising the Disarming Charm. The class progresses at a fair rate, practising the Impediment Jinx, the Reductor Curse, and the Stunning Spell.
The Order Of The Phoenix
- Nymphadora Tonks changes her hair into violet, bubblegum pink, tomato-red, grey and blonde. Also, in the book, her main colour of hair is bubble-gum pink, but in the film it is switched to purple and it stays that way throughout the film. However when Harry is picked up from the Dursleys, Moody calls her Nymphadora and as she angrily tells him not to do that, her hair keeps changing colour, but then their brooms arrive and her hair settles on one colour. This suggests in the film, her hair changes colour when she is feeling a particularly strong emotion.
- Dobby the house elf, along with original member of the Order of the PhoenixMundungus Fletcher are not featured in the film. Neville seems to serve as a replacement character for Dobby.
Also Check: Watch All Harry Potter Movies In A Row
Chapter : Out Of The Fire
- “The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue.”
- Umbridge, to Harry
Harry tells Ron and Hermione about Sirius, although Hermione suspects it may be a trap. Harry desperately attempts to contact Sirius at Grimmauld Place via the Floo Network in Umbridge’s office fireplace once again, but this time he is caught. When Snape enters the interrogation, Harry tries to pass on a coded message to Snape, but is unsure if he understands or intends to deliver it. After Snape leaves, Umbridge is about to use the Cruciatus Curse on Harry, while also revealing it was she who sent the Dementors to attack Harry during the summer. Just before Umbridge can do so, Hermione claims that Dumbledore has hidden a powerful weapon in the Forbidden Forest.
Hermione leading Harry and Umbridge into the forest
Book : Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
When it hit shelves: June 21, 2003
What happens in the book: Before his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry gets an official letter stating that he is expelled for performing magic outside the school. He is ordered to appear at a hearing at the Ministry of Magic. Pleading self-defense, Harry is cleared of the charges against him. The Ministry of Magic refuses to acknowledge that Voldemort has returned.
Meanwhile, a secret society, the Order of the Phoenix, has been formed to combat Voldemort, who is rumored to be rebuilding his army of Death Eaters. At Hogwarts, Dolores Umbridge is appointed the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, but she is also spying on the school for the Ministry. Because they are not learning anything under Umbridge’s tutelage, Harry, Hermione and Ron form a student group, Dumbledore’s Army, to prepare for the return of Voldemort.
Haunted by strange visions, Harry discovers that he and Voldemort can read each other’s thoughts. Professor Snape gives Harry lessons in Occlumency to block Voldemort’s intrusion into his mind, but because of their mutual disdain, Harry learns little.
The Ministry finally admits that Voldemort has returned. Dumbledore reveals the chilling prophecy: Harry must kill Voldemort or be murdered by him. Harry returns to the Dursleys, depressed by the loss of his godfather Sirius.
The Magic Gadgets:
You May Like: What Point Of View Is Harry Potter
The Order Of The Phoenix: Quidditch
Quidditch is at the forefront of things in both The Sorcerers Stone and The Chamber of Secrets, with fans getting to see Gryffindor beat Slytherin on two occasions. However, following those two movies, the sport only appeared once more. And it was left out of The Order of the Phoenix blockbuster all together.
The reason the movie needs more Quidditch isnt just because its entertaining to watch. Instead, its because plenty happens in the book that isnt shown in the movie. Harry gets kicked off the team by Dolores Umbridge, Fred Weasley and George Weasley get the same punishment for trying to fight Draco Malfoy, and Ginny Weasley ends up skippering Gryffindor to victory. Theres also lots of vile chants aimed at Ron Weasley but that, in fairness, was shown in the following film instead.
Alcohol Drugs And Other Substances
- At a family dinner some of the adults have full glasses of beer in front of them, but they are not seen drinking.
- At a Christmas dinner, glasses of wine are on the table, but people are not seen drinking.
- Dolores askes Professor Snape to give Harry a truth potion but Snape refuses. He says that he has run out of the potion because he has used up all of his supplies on Harry in previous attempts.
Recommended Reading: Who Is Draco Malfoy’s Mom
Chapter : The Eye Of The Snake
- Harry Potter: “Your dad! Hes been bitten, its serious, there was blood everywhere”
- Ron Weasley: “Harry, mate, you you were just dreaming”
- Harry Potter: “No! It wasnt a dream not an ordinary dream I was there, I saw it I did it”
- Harry telling Ron about the dream
Hagrid returns to his class, and he is observed by Umbridge while teaching about Thestrals. As Harry is banned from Quidditch by Umbridge, Ginny Weasley replaces him as Gryffindor’s Seeker.
Harry has disturbing dreams about running down a hallway and attempting to open a door in the Ministry of Magic’s Department of Mysteries, but being unable to do so. Then one night, he dreams that he is a snake attacking Ron’s father. He awakens in a panic and tells others, who indeed find Mr Weasley at the Ministry, suffering from severe venomous snake bites.
One of Dumbledore’s silver instruments
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
|Cover art of the original UK edition|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince|
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is a fantasy novel written by British author J. K. Rowling and the fifth novel in the Harry Potter series. It follows Harry Potter’s struggles through his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, including the surreptitious return of the antagonist Lord Voldemort, O.W.L. exams, and an obstructive Ministry of Magic. The novel was published on 21 June 2003 by Bloomsbury in the United Kingdom, Scholastic in the United States, and Raincoast in Canada. It sold five million copies in the first 24 hours of publication. It is the longest book of the series.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix won several awards, including the American Library Association Best Book Award for Young Adults in 2003. The book was also made into a 2007 film, and a video game by Electronic Arts.
Chapter 3: Fight And Flight
- “The Ministry places a rather higher value on my life than yours, I’m afraid, Potter.”
- Umbridge, to Harry
Hermione leads Harry and Umbridge into the forest, where they encounter centaurs. The Skirmish in the Forbidden Forest ensues, and Umbridge foolishly insults them and an angry centaur picks up Umbridge and carries her off screaming into the woods. When Hagrid’s giant half-brother, Grawp crashes onto the scene, Hermione and Harry escape amid the chaos.
Harry, Ron and Hermione, along with Luna, Ginny and Neville fly to the Ministry of Magic on the school’s Thestrals, unaware they are being lured into a trap.
Harry holding the glass sphere which contains the prophecy
- “Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me.”
- Lucius Malfoy, to Harry
When they arrive at the Department of Mysteries, they are ambushed by Death Eaters. Voldemort seeks a prophecy contained in a glass sphere there and needs Harry to retrieve it for him. All of the six students heroically fight the many Death Eaters, but they are dangerously outmatched.
The glass tank with brains
Chapter 1: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
- Dolores Umbridge: “…none of with the possible exception of Professor Quirrell, …would have passed a Ministry inspection.”
- Harry Potter: “Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher, there was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head.”
- Harry and Umbridge, during a DADA class
It becomes clear Umbridge is really there to spy on and take control of the school, and is soon appointed High Inquisitor, arbitrarily imposing rules and regulations . She also harbours racial hatred for “half-breeds”, such as centaurs, werewolves, merpeople and similar creatures. Umbridge starts to observe the professors in class, where she apparently intends to evaluate all teachers.
Hog’s Head board
Recommended Reading: When Did The First Harry Potter Come Out
Chapter 2: The Centaur And The Sneak
- “You seem to be labouring under the delusion that I am going to – what is the phrase? ‘Come quietly.’ I am afraid I am not going to come quietly at all, Cornelius. I have absolutely no intention of being sent to Azkaban. I could break out, of course – but what a waste of time, and frankly, I can think of a whole host of things I would rather be doing.”
- Dumbledore, about going to Azkaban
When Umbridge learns of the meetings of the DA through Cho Chang‘s friend , Dumbledore claims that he organised it. Confronted by two AurorsJohn Dawlish and Kingsley Shacklebolt , Minister Fudge, and Umbridge, Dumbledore easily disables them and is spectacularly whisked away by his phoenix, Fawkes.
Harry looking at Severus Snape’s Pensieve
Chapter : A Peck Of Owls
- “Ministry of Magic? People like you in government? Oh, this explains everything, everything, no wonder the country’s going to the dogs –”
- Uncle Vernon, about the Ministry
Petunia receives a Howler
While angry over the situation, Mrs Figg explains to a surprised Harry she is actually a Squib. The two take a Demented Dudley back to Privet Drive, where Mrs Figg mentions she was sent by Dumbledore to watch over Harry and also kept his visits to her house boring so the Dursleys would not send Harry elsewhere if he were happy. After Mundungus Fletcher shows up, Mrs Figg scolds him for his foolish actions before sending him to inform Dumbledore of this situation so he can act quickly. Just before they part, Harry learns that Dumbledore has been keeping him under observation in order to protect him after what had happened with Voldemort last month. When Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon notice Dudley in his sickly state they fawn over him and Harry attempts to slip away, but Dudley speaks and assumes that Harry attacked him with some sort of spell since Muggles cannot see Dementors.
Christmas On The Closed Ward
- Due to the omission of St Mungo’s, the re-appearance of Gilderoy Lockhart and appearance of Neville’s parents are also omitted.
- In the previous novel, Harry finds out about the condition of Neville’s parents from Albus Dumbledore significantly before Neville’s other friends learn of it. In the film, Sirius tells Harry how they suffered a fate worse then death, and Neville later tells Harry more in the Room of Requirement.
How Did You Buy Your Ticket
Let’s get your review verified.
We wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to know for the future.
We wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to know for the future.
Theater box office or somewhere else
Also Check: What Is The Name Of The Final Harry Potter Movie
Done Already A Few More Words Can Help Others Decide If It’s Worth Watching
They won’t be able to see your review if you only submit your rating.
The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads “Your Ticket Reservation Details”. Just below that it reads “Ticket Confirmation#:” followed by a 10-digit number. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number.
Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email.
The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
- The producers also included another scene where Umbridge is walking down a corridor and she waves her wand and a girl and a boy stop kissing. She waves her wand again and she tidies up three boys that walk past her.
- Draco Malfoy and his cronies are shown to have taken Divination in the film, even though they did not take the subject in the book.
Read Also: Harrypotter Fan Club
Chapter : Number Twelve Grimmauld Place
- George Weasley: “Hello, Harry. We thought we heard your dulcet tones.”
- Fred Weasley: “You don’t want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out. There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn’t hear you.”
- The Weasley twins, about Harry’s anger.
Shrunken house-elves’ heads
As for Percy, the Weasley children sadly reveal he has deserted their family after he and Arthur had a fight over Percy’s recent promotion to Cornelius Fudge’s Junior Assistant. Having denied his father’s claims that Fudge is using him, with his unwavering loyalty to the Ministry, Percy has moved away, breaking off contact in the process, even after a depressed Molly Weasley tried to straighten things out. Harry also learns that the Ministry has been using the Daily Prophet to build on what Rita Skeeter started and is portraying Harry as some “attention-seeking liar”. Hermione also reveals there have been no articles on the Dementor attack or Harry’s hearing, since the Ministry is likely waiting until the hearing is over before reporting on the likelihood of Harry being expelled. After being called down for dinner, Tonks accidentally trips on an umbrella stand, which causes too much noise, and the portrait of a woman responds with strong cursing. While helping on closing the curtains, Sirius shows up and reveals the woman in the portrait is his mother.