Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1
After unexpected events at the end of the previous year, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are entrusted with a quest to find and destroy Lord Voldemort’s secret to immortality the Horcruxes. It is supposed to be their final year at Hogwarts, but the collapse of the Ministry of Magic and Voldemort’s rise to power prevents them from attending. The trio undergo a long journey with many obstacles in their path including Death Eaters, Snatchers, the mysterious Deathly Hallows, and Harry’s connection with the Dark Lord’s mind becoming ever stronger.
Harry Potter And The Half
In Harry’s sixth year at Hogwarts, Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters are increasing their terror upon the Wizarding and Muggle worlds. Headmaster Albus Dumbledore persuades his old friend Horace Slughorn to return to Hogwarts as a professor as there is a vacancy to fill. There is a more important reason, however, for Slughorn’s return. While in a Potions lesson, Harry takes possession of a strangely annotated school textbook, inscribed ‘This is the property of the Half-Blood Prince’. Draco Malfoy struggles to carry out a mission presented to him by Voldemort. Meanwhile, Dumbledore and Harry secretly work together to discover the method on how to destroy the Dark Lord once and for all.
Home Market Releases For March 28th 2017
Its a good week for Pick of the Week contenders, as there are seven such releases on this weeks list. Unfortunately, none of them really scream out as The Pick of the Week. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is by far the biggest, but it is only out on Video on Demand right now, while Hidden Figures is the best, but again, it is only on VOD this week. There are also a couple of busted Oscar-bait films, Archer: Season Seven is only getting a DVD release, while the previous seasons came out on Blu-ray. In the end, I went with Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XXXVIII, partially to celebrate the return of the show. More
Also Check: What Does Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Are There Extended Editions Of Harry Potter Movies #3
I know that there are extended cuts of Harry Potter films #1 and #2 , for example part of Harry Potter Wizards Collection BluRay set.
But that set doesn’t have extended cuts for any other 6 films.
Do those 6 films starting with Prisoner of Azkaban have extended cuts? If no, is there any explanation of why not?
- 1There are some deleted scenes, but nothing of any significance in terms of plotline, mostly just extra background for characters. user7812Nov 19 ’15 at 8:55
- 2I have watched every movie today on free form and they all have extended scenes in them. I have the movies without extended scenes too. So I have seen both so Im not sure why they are saying they dont exist. Melanie JohnsonMay 30 ’16 at 0:53
- I saw those movies on Freeform too. They did have scenes not on my DVDs. If I had recorded them I could point out scenes that were added. Someone was watching with me and noticed added parts as well. user37227Jun 27 ’16 at 4:40
- I’m from Argentina, now living in USA. The 31st of July I watched the movies on Freeform and I spot many scenea I’ve never seen before. And since then I searched the web for the same question, I guess that there are extended versions of the movies. user39708Aug 4 ’16 at 23:39
Chris Columbus Wants To Drop His 3
Who knew there was a lengthy directors cut of the inaugural film in the Harry Potter franchise? 20 years after the Sorcerers Stone release, Columbus admits that plenty of material wound up on the cutting room floor. That footage also included one famous character from the book series: Peevsie the poltergeist.
In an interview with TheWrap, the director recalled how they showed the original extended edition during a screening back in 2001.
We knew that the film worked because we did a couple of previews, he revealed. Particularly a Chicago preview where our first cut was a three-hour cut. Parents afterwards said it was too long, the kids said it was too short. I thought, well, the kids presumably have a shorter attention span so this is a good thing.
Columbus added that he would love for Warner Bros. to release his longer directors cut of the film. We have to put Peeves back in the movie, who was cut from the movie! Fans may be surprised to know that at least 30 minutes of scenes did not make the film.
You May Like: What’s Hermione’s Cat’s Name
A Harry Potter Reunion Is Happening
WarnerMedia announced the official cast reunion that celebrates Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone that will drop on HBO Max. According to a press release, The retrospective special Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts will tell an enchanting making-of story through all-new in-depth interviews and cast conversations, inviting fans on a magical first-person journey through one of the most beloved film franchises of all time.
For the first time ever, the legendary cast returns to where the magic started. Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: #ReturnToHogwarts, streaming New Years Day, only on HBO Max. International release coming soon.
Whos going to participate with Chris Columbus? Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Isaacs, Gary Oldman, Imelda Staunton, Tom Felton, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, Mark Williams, Bonnie Wright, Alfred Enoch, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Ian Hart, and more join the party.
The special event will premiere on the streamer on Jan. 1, and J.K. Rowling wont appear at the reunion. Perhaps Columbus will reveal whether his Peeves wish comes true.
Flight Of The Fat Lady
- While the book has Peeves describe Sirius Black’s attack on the Fat Lady’s portrait after learning about this from her when he saw her in a portrait on the fourth floor, in the film it was the Fat Lady herself that described the attack from a nearby portrait.
- In the book, while Harry cannot go to Hogsmeade and stays with Lupin, they spend their time in his office and Harry sees a Grindylow which Lupin was taking delivery of for their next lesson, while in the film, they are talking on the Wooden Bridge. This difference creates a continuity error in the seventh film when Lupin interrogates Harry after the Battle of the Seven Potters holding his wand to Harry’s face and asking him ‘what creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts.’
Read Also: Length Of Each Harry Potter Movie
Moony Wormtail Padfoot And Prongs
- The story of Lupin’s connection to the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow is omitted.
- In the novel, Snape appears in the Shrieking Shack after pulling off the Invisibility Cloak, but in the film, as the trio didn’t bring the cloak with them, Snape appears visible and is seen when he disarms Sirius.
- Also, in the film, Snape disarms Sirius with Lupin’s wand since Lupin passed it to him when Sirius was so wanting to kill Pettigrew. In the novel, Lupin never gave his wand to Sirius, so Snape never disarms the latter.
How Do You Tell A First Edition
The publisher may actually state the words first edition or first printing on the copyright page. Another common method of identification is the number line thats a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then its a first edition.
How do you identify a first edition book? Look for the Words First Edition on the Copyright Page
To collectors, it refers to the very first version of the physical book to be printed. For publishers, first edition may just mean the first version of the text, without significant revisions.
Dont forget to share this post
Read Also: Vibrating Nimbus 2000
Analysis: Why Havent There Been Fifty Shades Of Grey Copycats
This weekend the Fifty Shades franchise is expected to surpass $1 billion in total worldwide box office with the release of the final installment, Fifty Shades Freed. All that income comes from films with an estimated combined budget for all three films of $150 million. The last time Hollywood saw this kind of success with an erotic drama/thriller, it created an entire subgenre that ate its way all through the 90s. Yet, after this year, it seems Valentines Day weekend will be left without a Fifty Shades replacement. So why the hesitancy from Hollywood to step up to the challenge this time?
Norbert The Norwegian Ridgeback
- The part where the dragon Norbert is sent to Charlie Weasley is omitted. Instead, Hagrid later revealed to the Trio that Dumbledore sent him to Romania .
- When Harry and Hermione get detention, it is because they left the Invisibility Cloak in the Astronomy tower while sending Norbert to Charlie Weasley and were caught by Argus Filch at the foot of the stairs. Neville was also given detention for being out of bed because he was trying to warn Harry about Malfoy and was caught by Professor McGonagall. In the film, they get detention because Draco Malfoy saw them in Hagrid‘s hut past curfew . Ron is also with them in the film, while in the book he was recovering in the hospital wing after being bitten by Norbert. Therefore, in the film, Ron gets detention instead of Neville.
Read Also: Does Dumbledore Die
Current Expanded Versions Of Harry Potter
Currently the films are available in their expanded form. However the price may scary most people away for each film. In 2007 There was a series of releases starting with the first Harry Potter Movie: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. This was known as the Ultimate Edition.
The Ultimate Edition of the film was available on DvD and Blu Ray go for a premium online, and these films capture those extended and deleted scenes that we have all been looking for.
The Chamber Of Secrets
- In the book, when McGonagall and the other teachers volunteer Lockhart to fight the Basilisk, the teachers are collected in the Staffroom with Harry and Ron hiding in the wardrobe. In the film, the teachers are gathered in front of the daubed message on the wall stating Ginny’s capture with Harry and Ron hiding behind a corner. Also, in the book the teachers’ comments after Lockhart has left them make it clear that they know he is incapable and were simply getting him out of the way. These comments are left out from the film, but it’s still highly unlikely the plan was ever genuine and unlike in the book, the second message is seen on-screen in the film.
- In the book, when Harry and Ron realise that Lockhart is a fraud, they subdue him by performing a Disarming Charm and throwing his wand out of the window. In the film, Lockhart drops his wand in a manner of defeat, when Harry and Ron point theirs at his face.
- Also, the book has Gilderoy Lockhart citing some specific examples of individuals that he not only stole credit for their deeds from, but also wiped memories from as insurance. The film does not actually list any specific examples of his victims.
Also Check: Why Did Voldemort Look Like That
Is It Philosophers Or Sorcerers Stone
Thats right the first Harry Potter book was actually called Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone instead of Sorcerers Stone. The use of Philosopher in the title doesnt stress magic as much as the revised version does.
What is the correct order of the Harry Potter movies? The series sequence in order are: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone , Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets , Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban , Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire , Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix , Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and
Is philosophers Stone Real?
The philosophers stone was a mythical substance that alchemists believed had magical properties and could even help humans achieve immortality. The manuscript turned up at an auction at Bonhams in Pasadena, California, on Feb. 16, where the Chemical Heritage Foundation in Philadelphia bought it.
Why did Chris Columbus leave Harry Potter? Why Did Chris Columbus Leave the Harry Potter Films? According to a November 2011 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Columbus stepped down because he was emotionally and physically exhausted. Sorcerers Stone took 160 days of shooting, which is ridiculously long, Columbus said.
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
Five years after the end of the Harry Potter franchise, the world came roaring back to the big screen. This time, it wasn’t based on books of any kind but was instead a story J.K. Rowling created for the big screen. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them told the story of Newt Scamander, whose books about fantastic beasts Harry studied in school.
You May Like: Harry Potter Bean Boozled Challenge
Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone
Harry Potter is an orphaned boy brought up by his unkind Muggle aunt and uncle. At the age of eleven, half-giant Rubeus Hagrid informs him that he is actually a wizard and that his parents were murdered by an evil wizard named Lord Voldemort. Voldemort also attempted to kill one-year-old Harry on the same night, but his killing curse mysteriously rebounded and reduced him to a weak and helpless form. Harry became extremely famous in the Wizarding World as a result. Harry begins his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and learns about magic. During the year, Harry and his friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger become entangled in the mystery of the Philosopher’s Stone which is being kept within the school.
How To Watch Harry Potter Movies In Order
Everyone came into the Wizarding World through the Harry Potter books and movies, which introduced us to a gifted 11-year-old, his friends Ron and Hermione, and their hallowed school of magic, Hogwarts. Watching the Harry Potter movies in order, seeing the story unfold chronologically in-universe, used to be as easy as finding the one where Daniel Radcliffe looks youngest and starting from there.
But the series has expanded now with the Fantastic Beasts movies, set some 70 years before The Sorcerers Stone. So to watch the Harry Potter movies in order, your journey now begins with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, set in 1926 and starring Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scarmander. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is set in 1927. The third Fantastic Beasts intends to release July 2022, with two more movies to close out the Scarmander and Grindelwald saga.
Then the story of Harry himself begins, starting with Sorcerers Stone and concluding in the second-part of The Deathly Hallows, for eight Certified Fresh movies in a row. Theres also a Harry Potter series early in development for HBO Max. For now, see our guide below on how to watch all Harry Potter movies in order.
Recommended Reading: Why Did Lord Voldemort Kill Harry Potter’s Parents
Is There An Extended Version Of Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone
There is an extended cut of the film running about 159 minutes vs the theatrical version runs 152 minutes. It was first shown on TV networks in 2004. The 2009 Ultimate Edition DVD/Blu-ray release includes this cut as well.
Is the British version of Harry Potter different? It is one of the biggest and most noticeable differences between the U.K and U.S editions. It is the only book title to be changed from the original, with all other books keeping the U.K title despite text differences in the U.S novels.
Are first edition Harry Potter books valuable? Prices for first edition first printings go up to around $6,500 with a fair selection between $4,000 and $5,000 many signed by the author although cheaper copies can be found. Prices for later editions in good condition are in three figures.
Did Scholastic publish Harry Potter? Scholastic published Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone in the U.S. in under its Arthur A. Levine Books imprint with an initial print run of 50,000 copies. The books are published in over 200 territories in 80 languages and have been made into eight blockbuster films.
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2
After destroying one Horcrux and discovering the significance of the three Deathly Hallows, Harry, Ron and Hermione continue to seek the other Horcruxes in an attempt to destroy Voldemort, who has now obtained the powerful Elder Wand. The Dark Lord discovers Harry’s hunt for Horcruxes and launches an attack on Hogwarts School, where the trio return for one last stand against the dark forces that threaten both the Wizarding and Muggle worlds.
Read Also: Hermiones Cats Name
Harry Potter Movies In Chronological Order Of Events
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Set in 1926, roughly seven decades prior to Harry Potter beginning his education at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the first Fantastic Beasts movie focuses on the New York adventures of Newt Scamander , a British wizard and Ministry of Magic employee who finds himself embroiled in an insidious scheme involving the Magical Congress of the United States and a powerful wizard named Gellert Grindelwald , who believes wizards should reign over non-magical humans.
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
A few months after the events of the first Fantastic Beasts, Newt is back in England, but hes soon tasked by the by Albus Dumbledore , who will one day look over Harry as the Headmaster of Hogwarts, to track down Credence Barebone , a troubled young wizard who is also being sought out by a recently escaped Grindelwald. In addition to Dumbledore, The Crimes of Grindelwald introduces other characters who will later play a significant role in the Harry Potter films, including a young Minerva McGonagall and Nagini, a circus performer whose blood curse will permanently transform her into a giant snake.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince