Why Is A Phoenix Representative Of Dumbledore
In this 2004-09-15 interview with J. K. Rowling , we find this question and answer.
What form does Dumbledores Patronus take?
Good question. Can anyone guess? You have had a clue. There was a little whisper there. It is a phoenix, which is very representative of Dumbledore for reasons that I am sure you can guess.
In what sense is a phoenix very representative of Dumbledore?
I have a couple of theories, which are personally my own, based on the extended re-reading of the HP series. I should re-iterate these are just speculation.
As we come to know in DH, Dumbledore was best friends with Grindelwald for a while in his youth. Both of them planned to control the Muggles of the world for what Dumbledore atleast believed was the “greater good” of wizardkind. However, Dumbledore saw the error of his ways and matured into one of the greatest wizards of all time and a fierce supporter of Muggle and Muggle-born rights. This is somewhat akin to a ‘Phoenix transformation’, in the sense that a Phoenix is always born from the ashes of its own death.
However, there is no evidence that states Dumbledore’s Patronus was anything other than a Phoenix at anytime in the past, so my second theory could be complete horse crap.
This bit sheds some light on the issue:
Casting of the charm:
Harry Potter: “And how do you conjure it?”
Remus Lupin: “With an incantation, which will work only if you are concentrating, with all your might, on a single, very happy memory.”
What Does A Phoenix Look Like In Harry Potter
As phoenixes approach their Burning Day they resemble a half-plucked turkey. Their eyes become dull, their feathers start to fall out, and it begins to make gagging noises. Then the bird suddenly bursts into flames only to rise from the ashes shortly after. In a number of days, they grow back to full size.
He Most Probably Returned To The Wild From Whence He Came
While Phoenixes do make “very faithful pets”,
Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets.
their loyalty is only to their owners. Fawkes’s loyalty was to Dumbledore.
When Harry has previously seen the study with a different headmaster he saw it with Dippet and Fawkes was not there then. Fawkes is Dumbledore’s possession, not a Hogwarts possession.
Very few wizards have ever succeeded in bonding with a Phoenix.
The phoenix gains a XXXX rating not because it is aggressive, but because very few wizards have ever succeeded in domesticating it.
You May Like: Retake Harry Potter House Quiz
Textual Comparison To The Character:
According to “FBaWTFT” entry on Phoenixes:
The phoenix lives to an immense age as it can regenerate, bursting into flames when its body begins to fail and rising again from the ashes as a chick. The phoenix is a gentle creature that has never been known to kill and eats only herbs. Like the Diricawl, it can disappear and reappear at will. Phoenix song is magical: it is reputed to increase the courage of the pure of heart and to strike fear into the hearts of the impure. Phoenix tears have powerful healing properties.
Many of these listed properties can be claimed to be representative of Dumbledore:
Old wise mage
Survived being killed by Snapeerr… sorry too many fanfics read.
Gentle person, shown in canon as very kind and soft spoken despite great power
Never kills .
Increases the courage of his followers and is a leader of the Light side and is feared by the Dark Side.
Magical Creatures In Harry Potter
Don’t Miss: What Is Harrys Patronus
Ultimate Harry Potter Online Trivia Quiz
51. What is Harrys Blood Status?Answer: Half-Blood.
52. What colour are Harrys eyes?Answer: Green.
53. What is Harrys patronus form?Answer: Stag.
54. What is Harrys job when he grows up?Answer: Head of the Auror Office.
55. What is Harrys house at Hogwarts?Answer: Gryffindor.
56. What charm was placed over the Potters house to protect them from Lord Voldemort?Answer: Fidelius Charm.
57. Who was the Potters secret keeper?Answer: Peter Pettigrew.
58. Who was Harrys first kiss was with?Answer: Cho Chang.
59. Where did Harry first meet Quirinus Quirrell?Answer: The Leaky Cauldron.
60. Where did Harry first talk to a snake?Answer: At The Zoo.
61. What toy did Harry play with in his cupboard under the stairs?Answer: Toy Soldiers.
62. What does Harrys boggart turns into?Answer: Dementors.
63. What is the length of Harrys wand?Answer: Eleven inches.
64. What is at the core of Harrys wand?Answer: Phoenix feather.
65. What wood is Harrys wand made from?Answer: Holly.
66. What school would Harry have attended if he was not a wizard?Answer: Stonewall High.
67. What was Harrys first broom?Answer: Nimbus 2000.
68. Who was Harrys first quidditch match was against?Answer: Slytherin.
69. What is the name of the animal that pulls the school carriages at Hogwarts?Answer: Thestrals.
70. Which mirror did Harry see his parents in?Answer: The Mirror Of Erised.
71. Who was the first person to captain Harry in quidditch?Answer: Oliver Wood.
Magical Abilities And Skills
Phoenix tears have healing powers
- Immortality: Like all phoenixes, Fawkes appeared to be immortal. He periodically died by bursting into flames , and was then reborn from the ashes. He was also immune to the gaze of a basilisk, making phoenixes the only known creatures to be unaffected by the deadly serpent’s gaze. Additionally Fawkes was able to swallow Lord Voldemort’s Killing Curse and was quickly reborn.
- Healing magic: Fawkes was also able to heal most injuries simply by crying on them. Phoenix tears are the only known cure for basilisk venom, which of course he used to heal Harry Potter‘s infected wound after the Skirmish in the Chamber of Secrets in 1993. In 1995, he used his healing tears to cure Harry again of the effects of Acromantula venom.
- “There was a flash of fire and the phoenix had gone.”
- Fawkes Apparating via fire
- Super strength: As a phoenix, Fawkes can carry immensely heavy loads. For example, he carried the combined weight of Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley and Gilderoy Lockhart out of the Chamber of Secrets.
- Physical Combat: Although Phoenixes are gentle and are not known for fighting, Fawkes was able to blind the Serpent of Slytherin in the Chamber of Secrets by gouging out its eyes, showing he had clear ability in physically wounding his opponents.
Read Also: Is Harry Potter On Amazon Prime Video
Death Fire Ash And Rebirth
Two different stories are associated with the phoenix in medieval bestiaries. In both variants, the phoenixs self-immolation is depicted as an allegory for Jesuss sacrifice for the good of humankind.
In one story, there is only one phoenix in the world who lives more than 500 years. When he senses that he has grown old, he builds a funeral pyre with spice-bush branches, turns toward the sun and, with a flap of his wings, sets himself on fire. On the third day, a new phoenix rises from the ashes of the old.
In the other story, a covering of frankincense, myrrh, and other scented plants is created in Heliopolis by a priest in the spring. When the phoenix reaches the end of its life, which can be up to 500 years long, it mounts the altar and the pyre is set on fire. The next day, a worm is found in the beasts ashes, which grows every day until it becomes a phoenix again.
Although most medieval stories involving the phoenix follow these same plots, there is less consistency when it comes to the size and color of the bird. Most accounts of the phoenix describe or depict it as blue and purple, or crimson. Some bestiaries portray the phoenix as primarily white and brown. And as described by Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder in his first-century book Natural History, which influenced later bestiary texts, the phoenix is as large as an eagle and is yellow, purple, and rose.
In Harry Potter Will Fawkes Return
Fawkes the phoenix is an integral character in the Harry Potter novels, in addition to being the pet of Dumbledore. At the close of the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Dumbledore dies, and Fawkes appears to leave Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as well. Many readers have speculated on whether or not the phoenix will return, and what bearing it will have on the final book in the Harry Potter series.
In the Harry Potter novels, phoenixes are particularly powerful magical animals about the size of swans with fiery plumage. J.K. Rowling retained the traditional mythology about the phoenix, that it burns to death when its body begins to fail and then rises anew from the ashes. However, she added a few qualities of her own. According to Rowling, phoenixes are intensely loyal creatures, and their tears possess healing qualities. Phoenixes can also provide strength through their singing, appear and disappear at will in a burst of flame, and can protect their owners by taking magical blows intended for them.
Don’t Miss: Harry Potter Broom Toy
Thoughts Fawkes Might Have Had During Chamber Of Secrets
Standing on a golden perch behind the door was a decrepit-looking bird which resembled a half-plucked turkey. Harry stared at it and the bird looked balefully back, making its gagging noise again. Harry thought it looked very ill. Its eyes were dull and, even as Harry watched, a couple more feathers fell out of its tail. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
1. How frightfully awkward. Burning Day and in comes the Boy Who Lived.
2. I wasnt gagging, per se. It was more a clearing of the throat. You have no idea how difficult it is to summon the energy to swallow when Im about to set myself on fire.
3. I would like to add that my eyes are not dull, they are enchanting. Although the feathers falling out is a tad mortifying.
4. I wonder if he knows that hes staring? Im aware of his unpleasant upbringing, but surely he should have better manners.
Harry was just thinking that all he needed was for Dumbledores pet bird to die while he was alone in the office with it, when the bird burst into flames. Harry yelled in shock and backed away into the desk. He looked feverishly around in case there was a glass of water somewhere, but couldnt see one. The bird, meanwhile, had become a fireball it gave one loud shriek and next second there was nothing but a smouldering pile of ash on the floor.
5. Oh this is far too awkward, its fire time.
6. Splendid, I made him scream.
7. At least this time I didnt set fire to any portraits. That was an upsetting day.
16. Yep, thats my tune.
Dumbledore’s Army Harry Potter Wiki Fando
Morgan Hetu-Davis India’s Animals Bengal Tigers Bengal Tiger The Bengal Tiger is the national animal of India. Indian folklore is full of about the majestic ways of tigers. In the 1970s, tiger numbers fell to under 1,000. They have made Category talk:Animal | Dumbledore’s Army Role-Play Wiki | Fandom. Dumbledore’s Army Role-Play Wiki. Explore. Main Page Discuss All Pages Community Recent blog posts. Pet Name Details Dumbledore. Meaning: Hogwart’s headmaster and the wisest wizard of his generation. Screen Details: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Find the right tag for Dumbledore from our huge range
Don’t Miss: Person Who Plays Voldemort
Fawkes Dumbledores Phoenix Set Review
Posted By Adam White on Jul 15, 2021 |
Last year the LEGO® Harry Potter range expanded beyond the usual playset scenes to offer its first displayable build in the form of Hedwig. This unique kinetic construct must have been popular as its been followed up by another creature from the wizarding world of Harry Potter. Professor Dumbledores Phoenix companion, Fawkes, provides another unique Harry Potter set. But how does it shape up compared to Hedwig? Heres my review of the awkwardly named Fawkes, Dumbledores Phoenix set.
Symbolism Of The Phoenix: A Solution To The Question
From Fawkes to the name of the anti-Voldemort Order, the phoenix has played an interesting and important role in the first six Harry Potter books. The purpose of this article is to describe the powers of the phoenix and summarize my thoughts regarding its symbolic function in the series. I first began writing on this subject in June 2003, shortly after the Order of the Phoenix release. Although most of the ideas and all of the canon references presented in this essay are mine, I have embellished my original theory with the help of several fellow fans over the past three years main contributors include my sister, Kristy, and Veritaserum Forums members gwenhwyfar and RABH. I consider this theory a continuous work-in-progress, so please comment if you spot any logical flaws or have additional ideas I am always ready to make modifications. With that said
I. Powers of the Phoenix
Bearing these qualities in mind, I have traced what I consider are the most significant references to the phoenix throughout the series. Deciding which scenes to highlight, granted, was a subjective process, so if there are any other excerpts that you feel deserve emphasis, my apologies.
II. Significant Scenes Involving the Phoenix: First Five Books
III. Implications: First Five Books
Recommended Reading: Why Does Voldemort Hate Harry
Who Is Dumbledore’s Animal Companion
- Who is Dumbledore’s animal companion?. Find answers for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery on AppGamer.co
- In fact, this topic is meant to untwist the answers of CodyCross In Harry Potter, Dumbledore’s pet is this bird. Accordingly, we provide you with all hints and cheats and needed answers to accomplish the required crossword and find a final word of the puzzle group
- Choose the right answer: Fawkes. Fingal. Fulbert. Fridwulfa. visitor2 posted over a year ago
- g an animagus when she was his student, according to JKR on Pottermore. This might suggest that he himself was an animagus. However, there is no canon evidence to support this theory
Species of Dumbledore’s pet bird Answers This page will help you find all of CodyCross Answers of All the Levels. Through the Cheats and Solutions you will find on this site you will be able to pass every single crossword clu Some creatures in the series are ordinary animals that may be imbued with magical properties or possess certain magical abilities. Owls, for example, deliver mail and have the ability to find the recipient regardless of their location. Other animals such as cats, frogs, and rats do not necessarily have magical abilities
Animal Crossing City Folk
But Albus did have siblings. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was born in 1881, followed by Aberforth Dumbledore a couple years later and finally Ariana Dumbledore a couple years after that Fawkes the Phoenix Albus Dumbledore’s animal companion and defender. An immortal being that burns to death and rises back from it’s ashes. All of the.. HI! I’m Dumbledore, definitely the ringleader of the Harry Potter kittens. As you can see, with the wise look in my eyes and my sleek grey coloring, I definitely resemble my namesake. But don’t let the looks fool you- I’m a very active kitty and love to play with toys and wrestle with my brothers
Harry Potter Quiz Questions And Answers Harry Potter Easy And Hard Quiz 2018
1. Who was flying with Mad Eye when he died?Answer: Mundungus Fletcher.
2. What is the name of the device that Dumbledore uses when putting out the street lights on Privet Drive?Answer: Deluminator.
3. Which person took Fleur to the Yule Ball?Answer: Roger Davies.
4. Was Trevor owned by a Weasley as a pet?Answer: No.
5. What prison was Gellert Grindelwald sent to?Answer: Nurmengard.
6. Is The Blackthorn Wand one of the Deathly Hallows?Answer: No.
7. What position does Harry play on the Quidditch team?Answer: Seeker.
8. Is unicorn hair an ingredient of Harrys wand?Answer: No.
9. What dark wizard did Albus Dumbledore defeat in 1945?Answer: Grindelwald.
10. How did Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts their second year?Answer: flying car.
11. What is Tom Riddles middle name?Answer: Marvolo.
12. What did Dobby catch that set him free from Mr. Malfoy?Answer: Harrys dirty sock.
13. What do you destroy a Horcrux with?Answer: Basilisk venom
14. Who is Harry Potters godfather?Answer: Sirius BlackDoe.
15. Which type of insect is Ronald Weasley most afraid of?Answer: Spiders.
16. What breed of dragon is Hagrids pet?Answer: Norwegian Ridgeback.
17. What is Snapes Patronus?Answer: Doe.
18. What is the newspaper that appears in all 8 books?Answer: Daily Prophet.
19. In which London station do you stand between platform 9 and 10 to catch the train to Hogwarts?Answer: Kings Cross.
20. What is the name of Hagrids big dog?Answer: Fang.