Warner Bros Studio Tour Review: Front Lot
Eventually, we made our way to the Front Lot. Here we found the Sound Stages, the set and prop construction areas, and the offices.
They pointed out a few special sound stages. Sound Stage 25 has a long history. It is now used for The Big Bang Theory. While the entrance is part of the Warner Bros Studio tour, photos are prohibited. The Big Bang Theory is filmed in front of a live audience.
The laughter is never faked, and the writers use it to gauge the effectiveness of the humor, fixing, and re-writing on the spot.
Warner Bros Hollywood Classics Tour
- 3400 Warner Boulevard, Warner Bros. Studios, CA, 91505, United States
Experience the Golden Age of HollywoodThis classics-themed tour focuses on Warner Bros. Golden Age of Film and TV, featuring award-winning titles that shot on the iconic backlot from the early days of the Studio through the 1970s.The Classics Made Here tour is offered every day the tour is open. Starting with a tribute to the Classics, your specially trained Tour Guide, with a love of the Warner Bros. classic film and TV collection, will guide you through the Studio Tour themed to iconic classic movies and TV shows. Retrace the footsteps of Audrey Hepburn, Joan Crawford, James Cagney and more as you tour the iconic backlot. Get up close and personal to the never-before-exhibited costumes from the Warner Bros. archive, including Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergmans costumes worn in the famous heres looking at you kid farewell from Casablanca.
This Is Hollywood Like Youve Never Seen It Before
Discover what is behind the cameras of your favourite TV show and movies as you explore the sets of the worlds busiest motion picture and television studio. From The Big Bang Theory and FRIENDS to Batman, Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood gives you the unique chance to have a closer look at how the magic is made.
Read Also: When Is Hermione Granger’s Birthday
The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
Rights to build a theme park based on the Harry Potter films were sold to Universal Parks & Resorts, this property has matured into an immersive themed land with rides and attractions named The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The enormous undertaking has been immensely popular, following the first at Universal Orlando Resort’s Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida. The themed land has since been established at Universal Studios Hollywood,Japan, and Beijing.
Warner Bros Studio Tour
Hollywood magic still resonates at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour, a huge working studio lot in Burbank, where you can witness pieces of cinematic and television historyâand also have a good chance of spotting a celeb strolling out of a soundstage.
The stalwart studio was founded in 1923 and had its first big hit in 1927 with the groundbreaking âtalkieâ The Jazz Singer. Because filming still goes on here, you might see stars and crew from films, sitcoms, and talk shows wandering about. Fans are often taken aback during the tour, says Danny Kahn, director of Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood, because they get to âvisit actual filming locations, often getting a chance to see production activity.â
Set aside about three hours for the regular tour, which starts in the studioâs 110-acre backlot. Youâll see exterior sets used in hundreds of films and TV shows, including classic films such as Casablanca and Rebel Without a Cause and TV series ranging from The Dukes of Hazzard and ER to The Big Bang Theory.
Next, you move on to the Prop Department and the Archive, a two-floor collection of memorabilia and antiques from Hollywoodâs golden era. Here is where youâll also find From J.K. Rowlingâs Wizarding World: The Harry Potter & Fantastic Beasts exhibit, which features props from the Harry Potter films as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Themâincluding the Sorting Hat, wizard robes, Quidditch brooms, and Newtâs Case of Creatures.
Recommended Reading: How Old Is Harry Potter
Harry Potter Studio Tour With Hotel Pick
Our Warner Bros. Studio Tour with hotel pickup and dropoff is the best way to explore the making of the Harry Potter films. Start the day with a hassle-free transfer with pick up from all London city centre hotels as well as residential addresses within Central London. Travel in a small vehicle with plenty of time to explore the Warner Bros Studio Tour The Making of Harry Potter. Entrance tickets are included in the package with access to all attractions including The Great Hall, Diagon Alley, Gringotts Bank and more! End the day with return drop off at your hotel.
Our Warner Bros Studio Tour London with hotel pickup and dropoff is available every day with morning departures. It is also a good way of finding tickets when other providers are sold out.
This product is fully refundable and amendable up until 14 days before travel.
Harry Potter: Warner Bros Studio Tour
Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tours are available daily with departures from Central London. We offer several different options including our standard tour with shuttle bus, our fully guided tour and our private taxi service. The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is one of the most popular attractions for visitors to the UK. Tickets get sold out fast and it is recommended to book well in advance. If you are unable to find tickets to the Harry Potter Warner Bros studio tours then please check out our help page here.
You May Like: Who’s Your Harry Potter Soulmate
Wide Shot: Inside Warner Bros’s Risky Streaming Movie Strategy
With the Discovery merger looming, Warner Bros.’s film bosses talk about how Project Popcorn has done so far.
The seven-story, 483,000-square-foot building across the street from Warner Bros. corporate offices in Burbank had been scheduled to open in May 2020 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The tours were previously launched from the first floor of the corporate office building, which offered less than half the display and visitor space of the new venue.
We felt like we were outgrowing our space, said Warner Bros. Vice President and General Manager Danny Kahn.
The tour building whose cost studio representatives declined to disclose is part of a larger expansion at the studios headquarters, which broke ground in January on a pair of Frank Gehry-designed office towers designed to resemble two icebergs.
Pandemic travel restrictions limit visits by international tourists, but Warner Bros. officials say they are hopeful that the new tour building will draw plenty of Californians who have stayed close to home for the last year and are itching to try new experiences.
We feel there is a lot of pent-up demand, said Gary Soloff, vice president of marketing at the studios. The company website shows all time slots for English-speaking tours are sold out for the first two weeks.
The building may be opening just in time for a tourism resurgence.
Terms And Conditions For Warner Bros Studio Tour Hollywood
- Children under 5 years are not permitted on the tour.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your chosen date at the time of booking.
- You must arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure.
- Visits to specific TV sets cannot be guaranteed.
- Adults must present a valid government-issued ID for entrance to the Studio lot. Guests will be refused entry if failing to provide an ID.
- Personal belongings may be subject to search. Large bags are not allowed.
- Guests will be required to pass through a metal detector prior to entering the Tour Centre.
- You must make your own way to/from Warner Bros. Studios.
- Parking for Studio Tour guests is available at Gate 6 . There is a fee per vehicle. RVs, trailers, and trucks are not permitted inside the guest parking lot.
- Wheelchair requirements and special assistance must be requested in advance.
- Please be aware that some attractions may be closed or differ from the description above due to COVID restrictions.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that the USA has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
You May Like: Who Wrote Harry Potter And The Cursed Child
Warner Bros Movie World
Warner Bros. Movie World is a theme park on the Gold Coast in Australia. Currently owned and operated by Village Roadshow Theme Parks, the theme park features a variety of attractions that are based on Warner Bros.’s franchises. Village Roadshow is a long time partner of Warner Bros. and the parks feature properties owned by both them and WB.
Getting Tickets For A Studio Audience
- Many shows are filmed before a live studio audience. Getting tickets takes a bit of advanced planning, the best site is tvtickets.com.
- Did you know that Ronald Regan was in 41 films made by Warner Bros?
- If youre a bit star-struck like me, you might also like the Hollywood Madame Tussauds.
Whether you are doing a big United States tour, or just passing through LA, Warner Bros is a great place to visit.
Also Check: Is Harry Potter On Hbo Max 2021
Avengers Campus Opening Ceremony Reveals Spider
Entertainment is about connecting with fans and we are thrilled to welcome guests back to the tour after a more than 15-month hiatus said Danny Kahn VP and General Manager. Our new experiences will take guests on a journey through our history, how we bring stories to life and celebrate the DC Universe and Wizarding World.
Upon arrival, guests enter the Storytelling Showcase and discover the world of Warner Bros., examining the breadth of the studios film, TV and animation titles, as well as the technological innovations from its cinema chain origins in 1923 through its nearly 100-year journey to become one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world. Guests can even take a selfie with a replica of the iconic water tower as they walk along an aerial view of the studio lot.
After guests tour the lot with one of Warners expert guides, they will arrive at Stage 48: Script to Screen, the Studio Tours interactive sound stage where they can experience the technology and methods of production, revel in the Central Perk set from Friends and Sheldons apartment set from The Big Bang Theory before dining at the lots Central Perk Café.
From Stage 48, guests can head to the Action and Magic Made Here grand finale, where theyll get to step behind-the-scenes of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with all new interactive experiences, props, costumes and memorable photo opportunities.
Tips For Visiting Warner Bros Studios
- Because this is a working studio, only visitors 8+ are permitted on the tours. Plan accordingly if you have younger family members.
- Visit the Warner Bros. website and follow them on social media for the most up-to-date information on current exhibits and any special activities or events.
- Keep in mind that current production schedules may limit your access to certain areas of the studio, including various soundstages and backlots.
- Save on admission to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour with a Go Los Angeles® Card.
- Tour is available by reservation only, so be sure to call ahead to reserve your desired time.
- Parking is available for a fee at 3400 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91505.
Also Check: Who Plays Dumbledore In Fantastic Beasts
Why You Should Take A Tour
This is my fourth visit to a Warner Bros Studio. We visited Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio in London, we were invited into the soundstage for the filming of Major Crimes, and I was brought on the lot before independently by a relative.
The value-added from the Warner Bros Studio tour makes a big difference. It explains the illusions, brings out the magic, and it was quite a bit of fun.
Practical And Interesting Information
- Located at 3400 Warner Blvd in Burbank California it is one of Los Angeles largest Hollywood studios.
- Hours vary by season, generally ending before dark. Typical summer hours are between 8 am and 5 pm, while the shorter winter days offer tours between 9 am and 3 pm. Check the official website for the day you want to visit.
- The more comprehensive 6-hour deluxe tour departs on weekdays in the morning.
- It is recommended that you arrive 30 minutes before your tour time. Plan to be at the studio for about 3 hours.
- The tour itself takes about 2 hours and ends in Sound Stage 48 where there is at least an additional half-hour worth of things to take you along the path from Script to Screen, longer if you read it all.
Don’t Miss: Who Does Harry Potter Marry
What To Expect
This is the chance to live out a dream: a day tour of the most famous movie studios in the world right in Hollywood! The Warner Bros. Studio Tour will take you to see where movie and TV magic is made. You will head to the backlots and soundstages of some of the world’s most famous blockbusters and TV shows. You can even step into the world of the famous TV series ‘Friends’ and enter the expanded actual Central Perk set, Monica’s apartment and Joey and Chandler’s pad, getting the chance to re-enact some of its most famous scenes at Stage 48. You can also shop for exclusive Friends merch in the Friends Boutique. Take a look behind the scenes and see how the greenscreen works as you hop on a broom and fly like Harry Potter. You’ll even get the chance to visit the all-new Grand Finale where you’ll see costumes and props from the famous DC franchise films, particularly every single Batmobile that has ever been used! The Prop Department is another amazing stop where you’ll get to see props and items from some of the world’s most famous movies! This is the ultimate dream tour for any movie buff.
How To Use It
- Venue Address: 3400 Warner Boulevard
- Scan your smartphone ticket directly with your tour guide at the entrance of the studio after passing through the compulsory security check
- All adult visitors will be asked to present a valid form of government-issued photo ID
- Large bags are not allowed
- Video recording is not permitted. Your guide will advise which areas are permitted for photography
- Comfortable shoes and clothing recommended
- Children under 8 years join for free, no ticket required.
- The tour routes change every day, based on productions being filmed on the studio lot
- Wheelchair accessible
Tips for venue safety measures during COVID-19:
Cash is accepted on-site
Wearing a face-mask is required, please bring your own
Also Check: Why Is Harry Potter 6 Rated Pg
Why Book This Tour
This tour makes the exploration of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter, a fun and unforgettable experience from the ride in the air-conditioned tour bus to the lunch break and every other moment of the adventure. With the tour lasting approximately seven hours, there will be enough time to get a detailed exploration of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The tour also includes food and drinks as well as lots of photo opportunities.
We hope you like the items we recommend and discuss! TheTravel has affiliate and sponsored partnerships, so we receive a share of the revenue from some of your purchases. This wont affect the price you pay and helps us offer the best product recommendations.
Always Different Always Original Always Entertaining
Hollywood Made Here. Get even closer to the entertainment you love. Our new Storytelling Showcase highlights nearly 100 years of Warner Bros. history. The new grand finale delights fans of the DC Universe and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with recreated sets, authentic props, costumes, and memorable photo opportunities..
What will you see?
Explore 100 years of storytelling
Recommended Reading: How Many Harry Potter Movies Are There In Total
Why You Should Take Harry Potter Studio Tours
There are 2 types of people in the world Potterheads and Non-Potterheads, youre either a fan of the wondrous world of Harry Potter or youre not. For decades the wizarding world of Harry Potter has enthralled adults and children alike, and weve all some time or the other day-dreamed or imagined getting a Hogwarts letter, shopping at Diagon Alley, getting a wand at Ollivanders, and riding the Hogwarts Express. Well, now is your chance to fulfill those dreams by taking a Harry Potter Studio Tour London.
With your Harry Potter studio tour tickets, enjoy a day of unforgettable fun exploring the wizarding world. Become a part of the film, learn about its mysteries and behind-the-scenes secrets, and see real props from the movie. And of course, everyone will be rewarded with a fascinating glimpse into the filming process of the legendary franchise.
Read on, to learn all about the options for a Harry Potter Studio Tour, the attractions, the prices, and what to expect from this marvelous Harry Potter Tour experience.
Warner Bros Studio Tour London The Making Of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London â The Making of Harry Potter is a walkthrough exhibition and studio tour in Leavesden, South East England. It is located within Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, near Watford, in southwest Hertfordshire, and houses a permanent exhibit of authentic costumes, props and sets utilized in the production of the Harry Potter films, as well as behind-the-scenes production of visual effects. The tour is contained in Soundstages J and K, which were specially built for the attraction, and is separate from the studio’s actual production facilities. It opened to the public in early 2012. The grand opening event was attended by many of the Harry Potter film series cast and crew members.
Each tour session typically lasts three and a half hours, and the tour has the capacity to handle 6,000 visitors daily. Despite Warner Bros. being the studio behind Harry Potter, the tour is not styled as a theme park due to the fact that Warner Bros. sold the license to do so to Universal Studios. Instead, visitors get a chance to see up close the detail and effort that goes into a major feature film at the scale of the Harry Potter series. TripAdvisor reported that Warner Bros. Studio Tour London â The Making of Harry Potter has been the highest-rated attraction worldwide every year since the tour opened.
Recommended Reading: Which Harry Potter Movie Is The Longest