Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone/harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone
This is the start of the Harry Potter story where you meet Harry for the first time as he heads to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, set in 1991 – but the film was released in 2001. You meet many of the main characters at Hogwarts, including the introduction of Lord Voldemort, Harry’s arch nemesis, with the action revolving around the Philosopher’s Stone. That stone belonged to Nicholas Flamel, who you don’t actually meet until Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
Harry Was In Major Awkward Teenager Mode
Like any first date, we can all get a bit tongue-tied, and Harry was no different. Although he clearly wanted to connect with his Ravenclaw crush, the Boy Who Lived was also the Boy Who Failed At Keeping Conversation Flowing, mostly because he couldnt think of anything to talk to her about apart from Quidditch.
For heavens sake Harry, you went to the same school! You had almost every single part of your daily routine in common! You were both MAGIC. Surely that would have been a good starting point, right? But alas, Harry was simply too young and too speechless. Weve all been there, right?
How To Watch Harry Potter Movies In Release Order
In case you needed a reminder, there are seven books in the Harry Potter series: one for each academic year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But, of course, there are eight instalments in the film franchise. The filmmakers wisely decidedly to split the final book into two volumes: The Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2. After that came the two Fantastic Beasts prequel films, released in 2016 and 2018. The correct order to watch all ten films is as follows:
Also Check: Who Are Harry Potter’s Friends
Chapter 17: The Man With Two Faces
- Dumbledore says that he and Hermione‘s owl crossed in mid-air. However, a few pages later Hermione says to Harry that she ran into Dumbledore on the way to the Owlery to send him the owl.
- He actually says “We must have crossed in midair”, indicating that he is making an assumption. Harry merely informed him of Hermione’s intention to send an owl. Since Dumbledore is not omniscient the reason he’d assumed for why he hadn’t received it may have been wrong, as he didn’t know she hadn’t sent it.
Cho Was Not In The Right State Of Mind Emotionally
Of course, it wasnt Chos fault that her first love, Cedric Diggory, died at the end of the last school year. But perhaps it was a little too early for her to move forward? Poor Cho clearly struggled to get to grips with her budding relationship with Harry, as she was still too caught up in the horrific events of the Triwizard Tournament. We think Hermione put it rather well:
Well, obviously, shes feeling very sad, because of Cedric dying. Then I expect shes feeling confused because she liked Cedric and now she likes Harry, and she cant work out who she likes best. Then shell be feeling guilty, thinking its an insult to Cedrics memory to be kissing Harry at all, and shell be worrying about what everyone else might say about her if she starts going out with Harry. And she probably cant work out what her feelings towards Harry are, anyway, because he was the one who was with Cedric when Cedric died, so thats all very mixed up and painful. Oh, and shes afraid shes going to be thrown off the Ravenclaw Quidditch team because shes been flying so badly.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Its not surprising that Rons reply to this was: One person cant feel all that at once, theyd explode.
Chapter 6: Draco’s Detour
- In the British audiobooks, when the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione are in “Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes“, the narrator says “patented daydream charms” in a voice that might indicate calling, but it is actually a sign on the product box and there are no quotation marks indicated in the print version of the book.
Chapter 8: The Quidditch World Cup
- In Quidditch Through the Ages, it says that the first-ever World Cup was in 1473, with a match being held every four years. Yet, the World Cup in 1994 is number 422. There cannot be 422 World Cups in 521 years with a four-year gap in between.
- The period of years in between Quidditch matches in 1473 may have been slightly different, or the years may have been counted differently.
Also Check: What Group Is Harry Potter In
Chapter 10: Mayhem At The Ministry
- In the American paperback edition on page 148, Harry asks Ron if he can dump his things upstairs in his room. It then states, “‘What’s up, Harry?’ said Ron, the moment they had closed the door of the attic room behind them.” In the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets American paperback edition, on page 41, Ron says “… I’m right underneath the ghoul in the attic,” referring to his room. Therefore the sentence in Goblet of Fire where he closes the attic door does not make sense because that is where the ghoul resides.
- Although with The Burrow being such a haphazard building, it is likely that it contains more than just one attic . Alternatively, attic rooms can have space between them and the roof, depending on the shape of the room. In such a case Ron’s room may be called the attic room and still have attic space above it – as it would all still be beneath the eaves.
- It is also possible that, due to the familiarity with the ghoul, the Weasleys managed to move it into a different room over the course of two school years. An example that supports this would be Ron’s plan for the ghoul to take up residence in his room while he was away searching for Horcruxes with Harry and Hermione.
Chapter 17: Cat Rat And Dog
- It says “Ron crawled to the four-poster and collapsed onto it”. But when Professor Lupin comes in, it says “his eyes flickered over Ron, lying on the floor”. This could not be, as Ron should still be on the bed. Crookshanks was on the bed, and ‘on the floor beside him…. was Ron’ Ron moves from this position to ‘protect’ Harry. ‘If you want to kill Harry, you’ll have to kill us too’ at this point he is standing, ‘clinging painfully to Harry to stay upright’.
- When Lupin tells Harry, Ron and Hermione that the showed that someone was with them when they left Hagrid’s hut, they argued that no one was. However, they knew that Scabbers was with them, and Harry already knows that the map shows animals, since among the characters he sees in the map when he first looks at it is Mrs Norris the cat.
Don’t Miss: Should Christians Watch Harry Potter
Chapter 6: The Journey From Platform Nine And Three
- Aunt Petunia is described as looking as surprised as the other Dursleys about Harry needing to board at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, yet according to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, she had been there at least once. However, she may have been pretending to be startled in order to distance herself from the magical world.
- Mrs Weasley asks her children from which platform the train departs, but she should know this perfectly well, since she departed seven times from the same platform. However, it is possible she only asks so her children remember.
- On page 79, the closing quotation mark is missing right after Hermione tells Harry about the books he is in. This mistake was fixed in later editions of the book.
- King’s Cross Station is described like St Pancras Station, instead of Kings Cross.
The Harry Potter Movie Mini
In this instance, the mini-list is the few movies you need to see that mainly have a connection with the Fantastic Beast series. Possibly, you do not have the luxury of time to re-watch all the Harry Potter movies. You should consider this list before you go ahead to watch Fantastic Beats: where to find them.
Every one of the Harry Potter movies is exceptional and linked to each other. You could choose to watch the Fantastic Beast series, then re-watch a few of the Harry Potter series. Alternatively, you could use the release date order and watch the most recent, which is the Fantastic Beast series.
Read Also: Who Plays Lord Voldemort In Harry Potter
Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone
This is the start. Harry Potter, a young wizard portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe gets invited to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but this is not a normal school. Be amazed at seeing talking paintings, moving stairs, giant creatures, and magic as Harry tries to finish his 1st year in school. This is the first harry potter movie and it sets a picture of all the amazing stuff that is going to happen.;
Chapter 9: The Woes Of Mrs Weasley
- Ron’s prefect badge is described as scarlet and gold. Page 162 of the American paperback edition states, “A large P was superimposed on the Gryffindor lion. He had seen a badge just like this on Percy’s chest on his very first day at Hogwarts.” However, Percy’s badge in Philosopher’s Stone is described as silver with a P on it .
- When Alastor Moody shows Harry the Order of the Phoenix photograph, he mentions that Caradoc Dearborn disappeared six months after the picture was taken, and implies that this was during the height of the First Wizarding War. However, he also mentions that was killed two weeks after the picture was taken. Lily’s Letter in Chapter Ten of the Deathly Hallows dates Marlene’s death in late July or early August of 1981, putting Caradoc’s disappearance around January 1982three months after the end of the war.
- However, it is possible that some Death Eaters continued to fight in Voldemort’s name, similar to the group that tortured the Longbottoms.
Don’t Miss: Who Reads The Harry Potter Audio Books
How To Watch Harry Potter Movies Online
In the US as of May 2021, as well as being able to rent or buy the Harry Potter movies on services like Amazon, they’re all streaming on the Peacock service. At the time of writing, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban are available to stream for free with ads, while the rest are behind the paywall. From June 1, all eight movies are available to stream on HBO Max again, too.;
In the UK, you can’t currently stream the movies, but you can rent them on Amazon, iTunes and more. The complete Harry Potter series is also available on Blu-Ray.
The Fantastic Beasts movies aren’t currently streaming in the US or the UK.;
Short Stories From Hogwarts Of Power Politics And Pesky Poltergeists
Not everything about Hogwarts and the Wizarding World is bright and shiny ;indeed, the series has birthed some of most memorable villains in literature, from Dolores Umbridge to Lord Voldemort himself. Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Potergeists delves deeper into this darker side of Harry’s universe: in particular, it’ll walk you through the politics of wizards and the backstories of Hogwart’s villains, like Profess Umbridge.
Also Check: What Is Quidditch Game In Harry Potter
Harry Potter Reading Level
The reading level of the Harry Potter books is grade 5-6, these books are addressed to middle grade read, that is, it is addressed to children between nine and twelve years old. The Lexile level of this series is 880L.
Of course, that doesnt mean you will not enjoy this series if you are older, the Harry Potter series will captivate you despite your age.
Differences From The Book
At 766 pages in the British edition and 870 in the American edition, Order of the Phoenix is the longest book in the Harry Potter series, however the film is the second shortest. Screenwriter Michael Goldenberg described his task to cut down the novel as searching for “the best equivalent way to tell the story. My job was to stay true to the spirit of the book, rather than to the letter”. Goldenberg said that Rowling told him, the producers, and Yates that “she just wanted to see a great movie, and gave permission to take whatever liberties felt needed to take to translate the book into a movie she would love”. Cutting down the book to meet the time frame of the film, Goldenberg explained, became “clearer when figured out that the organising principle of the screenplay was to narrate Harry’s emotional journey”. He and Yates “looked for every opportunity to get everything could in there. And where couldn’t, to sort of pay homage to it, to have it somewhere in the background or to feel like it could be taking place off-screen”.
Rita Skeeter, the journalist played by Miranda Richardson in Goblet of Fire, was also removed. In the book, Hermione blackmails her into writing an article that supports Harry as the rest of the Wizarding world denies his claims. Richardson noted that “it’s never gonna be the book on film, exactly. … They’ll take certain aspects from the book and make it something that they hope is going to be commercial and that people want to see”.
Also Check: How Many Characters In Harry Potter
Harry Wasnt In A Great Place Either
Harry didnt want to talk about the events of the third task just as much as Cho desperately wanted to. In fact, he went out of his way to avoid the discussion, even though it was clearly important to Cho that they talk about it.
Women! he muttered angrily, sloshing down the rain-washed street with his hands in his pockets. What did she want to talk about Cedric for, anyway? Why does she always want to drag up a subject that makes her act like a human hosepipe?Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
List Of Harry Potter Movies In Order Of Release
Heres how most people watch the Harry Potter movies. You start with the Sorcerers Stone and will finish with the Crimes of Grindelwald.
And have many Hogwarts adventures in between.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is the first movie to watch if release order is your Harry Potter movies order of choice!; Photo: Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
This Harry Potter movies;order is clean and simple: youll watch the movies just as they came to the theaters.
You can purchase or rent most of these movies on Amazon .
You May Like: How Old Is The Actor Who Played Harry Potter
Chapter 21: Hermione’s Secret
Moony Wormtail Padfoot And Prongs
- The story of Lupin’s connection to the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow is omitted.
- In the novel, Snape appears in the Shrieking Shack after pulling off the Invisibility Cloak, but in the film, as the trio didn’t bring the cloak with them, Snape appears visible and is seen when he disarms Sirius.
- Also, in the film, Snape disarms Sirius with Lupin’s wand since Lupin passed it to him when Sirius was so wanting to kill Pettigrew. In the novel, Lupin never gave his wand to Sirius, so Snape never disarms the latter.
Recommended Reading: When Was Harry Potter Made