Wicked Villain Names That We Love
Whilst these characters may have been on the darker side, their names are spellbindingly powerful and unique.
70. Alecto: a powerful witch. Alecto is a fury in Greek mythology.
71. Amycus: a professor at Hogwarts who was also a death eater.
72. Barty: the shortened form of Bartemius meaning “honourable son”. A wise and cunning death eater.
73. Bellatrix: means “female warrior”. Bellatrix is one of Voldemort’s most loyal followers. Bellatrix is a unique and gorgeous baby girl name.
74. Cornelius: means “horn”. The unpopular but smart minister of magic.
75. Dolores: means “sorrow”.Dolores was a headmistress at Hogwarts.
76. Draco: means “dragon”. Draco Malfoy is the enemy of Harry Potter at school.
77. Fenrir: a wolf in Norse mythology. Fenrir is a werewolf.
78. Gellert: means “brave with a spear”. Gellert is an incredibly famous wizard.
79. Gregory: means “watchful”.One of Draco’s sidekicks.
80. Lucius: means “light bearer”. Luciusis Draco’s father.
81. Macnair: a cool name inspired by this executioner.
82. Narcissa: means “daffodil”.She is Draco’s mother.
83. Orion: means “son of fire”. Orion was Sirius Black’s more dark father.
84. Peter: means “rock”.Peter has the ability to turn into a rat.
85. Rudolphus: means “fame”. He is Bellatrix’s husband/sidekick.
86. Tom: means “purity”. Tom Riddle is the original name of Voldemort.
87. Vincent: means “to conquer”. Vincent Crabbe is Draco’s henchman.
88. Yaxley: Yaxley fought in the first wizarding war.
Names Of Famous Witches And Wizards
These Harry Potter names are dedicated to the famous magical people from the past and present.
99. Aiden: means “fiery”. Aiden Lynch is a seeker for the Irish Quidditch team.
100. Celestina: means “heavenly”.Celestina Warbeck is known as “the singing sorceress”.
101. Garrick: means one who governs with a spear”. The first name of the wand maker Ollivander.
102. Gilderoy: means “son of red-headed”. Gilderoy Lockhart is a famous author in the magic world.
103. Godric: means good person. Godric Gryffindor is one of the founders of Hogwarts.
104. Helena: means “bright light”.the Ravenclaw founder of Hogwarts.
105. Helga: means “holy”. One of the founders of Hogwarts.
106. Newton: means “new town”. Newton Scamander was a famous “magizoologist”.
107. Ollivander: means”he who owns an olive wand”. The family name of famous wandmakers.
108. Rita: the short form of Margartia meaning “pearl”. She is a journalist in the wizarding world.
109. Rowena: means “white-haired”.The Ravenclaw founder of Hogwarts.
110. Salazar: a name of Basque origin given to the Slytherin founder of Hogwarts.
Danielle was born and raised in London but has travelled all over the world chasing waves. Her mum is one of ten siblings, so she has always been surrounded by a massive network of family. Danielle is always looking for new and fun activities to do with her relatives. If it is outdoors and adventurous – even better!
READ THE DISCLAIMER
The Fantastic Beasts Screenplays
Unless you’ve been living under a rock this entire time, you’ve probably heard of the two new Wizarding World movies that have hit Hollywood in the past few years. Led by actor Eddie Redmayne and an all-star ensemble cast, the Fantastic Beasts films tell the story of Newt Scamander, Albus Dumbledore, and the dark battle against Gellert Grindelward in the blackened days before Lord Voldemort entered the scene.
Of course, you can choose to simply watch the continuation of the Wizarding World on-screen but reading the screenplays of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: the Original Screenplay and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald The Original Screenplay will undoubtedly give you that extra level of depth and insight into the characters.
You May Like: When Is The Next Harry Potter Marathon
Harry And Ginny Potter’s Kids Names
James Sirius Potter is the oldest son of Ginny and Harry Potter and named after Harry’s father and godfather . He is a Gryffindor like most of his family. He seems to have inherited a bit of the ‘Weasley obnoxiousness’. As he sees Victoire kissing Teddy Lupin , he has to tell everybody about it -) He also teases his younger brother Albus mercilessly, that he could end up being selected into Slytherin House, something that Albus fears. Their mother Ginny Potter exclaims in the book You are so like Ron …
Albus Severus Potter is Ginny and Harry’s second son and named after the two headmasters Hogwarts had during Harry’s and Ginny’s time there, Prof. Albus Dumbledore and Prof. Severus Snape. He fears, for unknown reasons, to be selected into Slytherin House, to reassure him Harry says: Albus Severus, you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew. He also explains to Albus that the sorting hat takes a student’s wishes into account, as he knows this from his own experience.
Lily Luna Potter is the youngest child and only daughter of Ginny and Harry. She is named after Harry’s mother and, my guess, Luna Lovegood, an original member of Dumbledore’s Army and friend of Ginny and Harry. In the book she wants to go to Hogwarts NOW and is not really reassured, as her parents tell her that it is ‘only two years‘ until she can join her two brothers at school.
The Harry Potter Movies In Chronological Order By Date Of Release
- Instant Watch Options
PG|152 min|Adventure, Family, Fantasy
An orphaned boy enrolls in a school of wizardry, where he learns the truth about himself, his family and the terrible evil that haunts the magical world.
PG|161 min|Adventure, Family, Fantasy
An ancient prophecy seems to be coming true when a mysterious presence begins stalking the corridors of a school of magic and leaving its victims paralyzed.
PG|142 min|Adventure, Family, Fantasy
Harry Potter, Ron and Hermione return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their third year of study, where they delve into the mystery surrounding an escaped prisoner who poses a dangerous threat to the young wizard.
Recommended Reading: Wwohp Vine Wand
The Family Of Harry Potter
You probably already know that Harrys parents are James and Lily just from reading or watching the main story.
Even so, you probably dont know about his children or even much of the rest of his family.
He actually has three children with Ginny, one of Ron Weasleys siblings.
Their names are James Sirius Potter, Albus Severus Potter, and Lily Luna Potter.
Some of these names are already familiar and have some history.
Magical Abilities And Skills
- Potions: Linfred was a master Potioneer and inventor in the twelfth century. He invented a number of medicinal potions that were used and manufactured long after his death.
- Healing magic: Linfred was also highly accomplished in healing magic, having developed several powerful healing potions, such as Skele-Gro and the Pepperup Potion.
- Herbology: He possessed considerable skills in Herbology, as he was able to grow the plants in his garden needed for ingredients in brewing potions.
Also Check: Who Gives Harry Potter The Nimbus 2000
Quidditch Through The Ages
Or maybe it’s J.K. Rowling’s smash-hit sport, Quidditch, that tickles your fancy. Today, Quidditch is an actual sport played at over 100 colleges in the United States such is the strength of the grip that it’s exerted on our public imagination. But if you’re interested in the academic side of Quidditch, Rowling’s got you covered with Quidditch Through the Ages, which will tell you all that you ever wanted to know about the history and rules behind Quidditch.
Harry Potter: What Are The Main Characters’ Middle Names
Even if you’re a hardcore Harry Potter fan, we’re willing to bet you couldn’t guess every character’s middle name. We took care of that for you!
While J.K. Rowling has been generous in the years post Potter publication in revealing extra information about her world and characters, she hasn’t offered up as many middle names as fans might like to see. While the calendar is now filled with the birthdays of Harry Potter characters, only a handful of characters have middle names .
Those that do have names are full of meaning and family connections, though Dumbledore just seems to have names for fun. Below are ten of the middle names that have been revealed in the world of Harry Potter.
Recommended Reading: Lego Harry Potter Backwards Compatible
Harry Potter Had James Sirius Lily Luna And Albus Severus With Ginny Weasley And Honestly I Still Have A Lot Of Questions As To Why He Chose The Names He Did
When it comes to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the naming of Harrys kids sticks out. Sure, we knew what he decided at the end of Deathly Hallows but Harry Potter looked at his children and said Youre going to be a mix of wonderful people in my life, two men who really hurt me as a child, and then my friend Luna didnt he?
Its really simple: Albus Severus makes no sense but before you get mad, think about it. Albus Dumbledore left Harry as a child to try and figure out how to defeat Voldemort and then Severus Snape was only ever there for Harry because he was in love with Lily Potter and was also verbally abusive.
But then Harry said, you know what, let me honor them? It just doesnt make sense to me because its not like either of these men showed interest in him outside of his mission or his parents. If Harry James Potter did not have James Potters name or if his mother wasnt Lily Evans, neither Albus Dumbledore nor Severus Snape would have cared about him and thinking about how Harry then turned around and named his son for them? Honestly one of the most baffling parts of the entire series.
Sowhy did Harry Potter name his kids like he did? Who knows but it is something that is definitely going to way on me. Do you get it? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
The Kids Of Harry Potter
Now that you have a basic overview of this family history, its time to go into the future about Harry and Ginnys children.
To refresh your memory, all three of them appeared at the very end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
In the case of the movie, it was the second part.
This was during the train station scene as James Sirius and Albus Severus prepares to go to Hogwarts.
This is nineteen years after the main story.
Read Also: Swelling Solution Hogwarts Mystery
Fleur Delacour And Bill Weasley
Fleur and Bill are still happily married . After the war, Fleur was awarded medals of bravery from the French and British Ministries of Magic. Bill has since returned to his work as a curse-breaker for Gringotts. They have three children: Victoire, Dominique, and Louis. If these characters tendencies for marrying their high-school sweethearts holds strong, Victoire may provide yet another link between the Weasleys and Potters she was spotted snogging Harrys godson, Teddy Lupin, on the Hogwarts Express and at the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Hermione develops a liking for Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Gilderoy Lockhart as he had written all the books required for the subject of Defence Against The Dark Arts in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. During a morning confrontation between the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams, a brawl nearly ensues after Draco Malfoy calls her a “Mudblood“, an insulting epithet for Muggle-born wizards when she defends the Gryffindor Quidditch team. She concocts the Polyjuice Potion needed for the trio to disguise themselves as Draco’s housemates to collect information about the Heir of Slytherin who has reopened the Chamber of Secrets. However, she is unable to join Harry and Ron in the investigation after the hair plucked from the robes of Slytherin student Millicent Bulstrode was that of her cat, whose appearance she takes on in her human form it takes several weeks for the effects to completely wear off. Hermione is Petrified by the basilisk after successfully identifying the creature through library research. Though she lies incapacitated in the hospital wing, the information she has found and left behind is crucial to Harry and Ron in their successful mission to solve the mystery of the Chamber of Secrets. Hermione is revived after Harry kills the basilisk, but she is distraught to learn that all end-of-year exams have been cancelled as a school treat.
You May Like: Which Harry Potter House Am I Pottermore
Why Did Ron And Hermione Name Their Son Hugo
Hugo Granger-Weasley was born about two years after his older sister Rose. Like Rose, he was also attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was sorted into Gryffindor house.
To fit into the red-hair Weasley family, Hugos brown hair, from the books, became red in the movies. Hugo appeared in the series, actually in the movie Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2, and he was portrayed by Ryan Turner, an English teen actor.
Hugo is a Latinised form of the Germanic or Teutonic name Hugh, meaning bright in spirit and mind or simply intelligence. One of the most famous bearers of this name is the French novelist and poet Victor Hugo, which works J. K. Rowling admitted to loving.
We are familiar with the fact that Hugos mother Hermione was a book lover, so it is possible she enjoyed Victor Hugos work as well, enough to name her son after him. Likewise, it would not be strange that Hermione wanted to anger her husband Ron by naming her son after Viktor Krum, a Bulgarian wizard from the Durmstrang Institute. Ron never forgave her for being his partner on the famous Yule Ball.
Ron: No way our son is going to be named Victor!
Hermione: Why not? Oh, I see, you are still jealous of Victor Krum. I mean still after all these years? Honestly Ron, grow up!
Ron: My answer is still no.
Hermione: How about Hugo Victor then?
Ron: Fine, but then our daughter will be Rose Lavender.
Order Of The Phoenix Names
The Order of the Phoenix is a group of good witches and wizards fighting against the Dark Lord. These Harry Potter baby names are perfect to set your child up to be a strong fighter for justice.
57. Alastor: means “avenger”. He isalso known as Mad-Eye Moody.
58. Andromeda: means “ruler of men”. Andromeda is the sister of Bellatrix Lestrange but an ally to the Order.
59. Arabella: means “yielding to power”. Arabella watched over Harry Potter as a boy.
60. Elphias: means “eager for war”. Elphias is one of Dumbledore’s oldest friends.
61. Emmeline: means “hardworking” and s sweet girl name.
62. Fletcher: means “seller of arrows”.Mundungus Fletcher is a member of the Order.
63. Hestia: is an Auror. Hestia was the Greek goddess of the hearth.
64. James: means “supplanter”. James is Harry’s father.
65. Kingsley: means from the kings meadow. He worked for the Ministry of Magic.
66. Lily: Lily J. Potter is Harrys mother.
67. Molly: The mother of the Weasley family.
68. Nymphadora: Nymphadora Tonks is one quirky member of the Order. Her name has reference to nymphs in Greek mythology.
69. Rufus: means “red-haired”. Rufus Scrimgeour becomes a Minister of Magic.
Read Also: How To Make Nimbus 2000
Antioch Cadmus And Ignotus Peverell
The Peverell family is first mentioned in Half-Blood Prince as ancestors of , the maternal grandfather of Voldemort. In the final book of the series, they are revealed to be the original owners of the , which, according to , they received from Death, although Dumbledore believed it is more likely that they created them themselves. The Peverell lineage continues through its living descendants, including Harry and his children.
After Hermione saw the symbol of the Deathly Hallows on Ignotus Peverell’s grave in Godric’s Hollow, Harry recalled Marvolo Gaunt boasting that his ring held the Peverell on it, thus realising that the three brothers were the Peverells. Harry deduces that he is descended from Ignotus, as the cloak is passed down through his family. Furthermore, Rowling has confirmed that Harry and Voldemort are indeed distant relatives because of their relation to the Peverells, as the majority of wizard families share common ancestry.
Antioch Peverell was the eldest of the three Peverell brothers, and owner of the . He was killed in his sleep after bragging about the wand’s invincibility, having won a duel with it. The murderer then stole the Elder Wand, thus initiating its bloody history.
Hermione Granger And Ron Weasley
Hermione and Ron have also enjoyed romantic happiness and have two children, Rose and Hugo. Ron joined Harry as an Auror at the Ministry of Magic, where they revolutionized the department. After only two years, Ron left the Ministry to co-manage the wizarding joke emporium Weasleys Wizard Wheezes, alongside his brother George. His greatest achievement to date remains getting his picture on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Hermione was the only member of the original trio to complete her schooling at Hogwarts. After which, she went on to a successful career in the Ministry of Magic. She began her path continuing the work of S.P.E.W. at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, where she promoted better treatment of house-elves. In spite of her slightly-unhinged house elf obsession, she eventually became Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement before rising to the top job of Minister of Magic.
Don’t Miss: Harry Potter’s Nimbus 2000
History Of The Surname
Throughout the history of the wizarding world, and especially before the return of Voldemort, this family name wasnt a special or noble one.
Its a fairly old name and quite common among non-magic users, which is one of the main reasons why it didnt stand out to magical users.
That eventually changed, obviously.
Since it isnt a surname that only represents pure-blooded wizards and witches, it wasnt included in the list that contained them.
Originally, this surname comes from Linfred of Stinchcombe, who is a 12th-century wizard.
His eccentricity and well-beloved nature eventually gave way to the nickname the Potterer, which eventually shortened to Potter.
The familys good relationship with non-magic users perhaps led to integrating some of them into their family, such as the case with Harrys parents.
Various members of this group were outspoken in their actions and words to help non-wizards.