Harry Potter Studio Tour Cafe Update
The menus for the cafes/restaurants are now available online here, so you can get a good idea ahead of time as to options and prices. The lobby seems to have been renamed the Hub, and Starbucks drinks are now served from there.
As we arrived that bit earlier for our second visit, we got to the Backlot Cafe just before 11.30am and found that they were still serving breakfast. While sandwiches and fridge items were available at that time, the only hot food on offer was rather tasty breakfast rolls. So be aware that before 11.30, your backlot cafe hot food options will be limited to Brioche or GF rolls with a choice of bacon, sausage, egg, or mushroom .
You can of course get more food at the end of the tour, in the Food Hall/Hub. And there is an additional Chocolate Frog Cafe, also in the lobby, which has hot drinks, ice-cream and milkshakes, and sweet treats. So now you can sugar-fill those kids before you get started on the tour.
The super-cool Knight Bus kids lunch box from the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour.
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2
After destroying one Horcrux and discovering the significance of the three Deathly Hallows, Harry, Ron and Hermione continue to seek the other Horcruxes in an attempt to destroy Voldemort, who has now obtained the powerful . The Dark Lord discovers Harry’s hunt for his Horcruxes and launches an attack on Hogwarts, where the trio return for one last stand against the dark forces that threaten both the Wizarding and Muggle worlds.
Harry Potter World London:
Harry Potter World London, known as the Warner Bros Studio Tour London, can be easily visited from Central London. Explore this incredible world on a visit that lasts around 3 hours. Highlights include:
- Explore this Harry Potter world of magic and mystery!
- Start your visit by walking into the Great Hall and marvel at Hogwarts Dining Room
- Walk along Diagon Alley and see shops including Gringotts Bank and Ollivanders wand shop
- Enter the Forbidden Forest, an area strictly off-limits to Hogwarts students!
- Take a selfie on Platform 9¾ and hop onboard the Hogwarts Express train
- Drink a butterbeer at the Harry Potter Cafe and ride a broomstick
- See all the amazing costumes props and visual effects like the invisibility cloak and Chamber of Secrets Door!
You May Like: Where To Buy Harry Potter Lego
Pick Your Favourite Time Of Year
Another little tip about booking is to check what is happening throughout the year. The displays at the Harry Potter Studio Tour are changed depending on the season, so if you go at Christmas, youll see the Great Hall decorated for a yule feast, and snow over Hogwarts. Go at Halloween, and youll see something completely different. Visit in the summer, and it will be different again.
Whatever time of year you go, the core sets will be the same, its just that they will be dressed and lit differently.
The amount of objects created is amazing.
Inside Number 4 Privet Drive
This summer, the doors to Number 4, Privet Drive have re-opened with some brand-new, never-seen-before additions to the set.
See the Dursleys’ living room with a flurry of Hogwarts letters from the iconic scene in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, plus their kitchen and the Aunt Marge dinner scene from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
You May Like: Where Can I Listen To Harry Potter Audio Books
Where Is Warner Bros Studio Tour London
The Warner Bros Studio Tour is not in the centre of London, it is located just outside London. The nearest railway station from London is Watford Junction from where a dedicated shuttle runs to the studio.
For detailed information on how to find the Warner Bros. Studio please see our dedicated page Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – visiting independently
For those visitors staying in Central London, several tour operators offer a dedicated shuttle bus to the studios which include tickets. The tours often have better availability of studio tickets that can be sold out many weeks ahead.
What To Expect At Warner Bros Studio Tour London
At the Studio Tour visitors are invited to go behind-the-scenes and:
- Explore authentic sets.Walk in the footsteps of all your favourite characters as you experience countless special sets including the Great Hall, Forbidden Forest, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 ¾.
- Discover the real-life magic behind spellbinding special effects, along with visual and creature effects. Experience green screen technology used in Quidditch first-hand, learn how intricate prosthetics transformed actors into Gringotts goblins and how life-size animatronics brought Buckbeak the Hippogriff to life.
- Spot all your favourite props, from the big to the small – Harry’s first Golden Snitch to a giant model of Hogwarts Castle. Delight in the attention to detail and artistry that could be easily missed on screen, like the 950 filled potion jars lining the walls of the Potions classroom.
- Enjoy a closer look at the costumes worn by well-loved characters. From Quidditch uniforms to Yule Ball robes, you’ll be able to see all the hidden details on these beautifully embroidered costumes.
Recommended Reading: How Old Is Hermione Granger
Facilities For Babies And Younger Children
Now, officially , the attraction is suitable for all ages. And there are some facilities for babies and toddlers:
- Baby facilities I saw were a fold-down changing table in the disabled loo and a baby feeding area at the Backlot Cafe. This is approximately half way around. You can take a pram in . It would likely be not much fun with those crowds. But weigh that up against having to carry tired little ones when the queuing gets too much.
- The cafe will provide hot water for warming bottles
- There are lots of benches at various points during the tour for resting on. There are also no stairs so everywhere has been made wheelchair/buggy accessible. The only exception I can think of is the Hogwarts Express. This vintage steam train has one carriage you can go into via a short flight of step. Inside, you walk along a very narrow passage so definitely not accessible other than on foot. That said, there is an open carriage-set featuring Harry, Ron, and the sweet trolley at the end of the train, so even if you cant walk down the carriage passage way, you can still get a little peak.
- kids four and under get in free. We got a ticket for T-Bird when we booked, just in case we ended up wanting to take her with us. We didnt use it, but it didnt cost us anything either.
Warner Bros Studio Reveals New Harry Potter Dark Arts Event In Time For Halloween
- 9:30, 19 Aug 2021
WARNER Bros. Studio has revealed what guests can expect from the Harry Potter attraction this Halloween.
From September 24, guests will be able to practice wand duels against Death Eaters and visit the spookily decorated Great Hall.
This year is themed around the Dark Arts, with decorations throughout.
Guests will spot the 100 floating pumpkins in the Great Hall, seen in the first Harry Potter film, as well as other props throughout.
Along the way, guests can watch a live Death Eater duel with wand choreographer Paul Harris, before trying out combat for themselves.
New this year, guests can book a two-course dinner on limited dates, which includes dry ice cocktails along with canapes during the After Dark event.
It will also include set tours of the Potions classroom and Dumbledore’s office, with Death Eaters patrolling throughout the evening.
To end the evening, brave guests will be taken to the Forbidden Forest when dessert is served.
Also Check: What’s The Second Harry Potter Movie
Warner Bros Studio Harry Potter Tickets
- Step onto the big screen as you see the Great Hall, Forbidden Forest and Diagon Alley
- Explore the collection of authentic and iconic props
- Feel the magic as you hop on board the Hogwarts Express
- Pop into the special and visual effects department and see how the books were brought to life
This is your chance to see the wizarding world of Harry Potter in the flesh as you step into the Warner Bros. Studio and see where the magic really happened. You’ll spend the day exploring the studios and diving into the inner workings of this famed film series.
You’ll be able to marvel at how the special effects team created some of the movies’ scariest characters , run into the Dursleys at the iconic Privet Drive and admire the incredible wardrobes of the characters. It doesn’t end there though, you can discover the famed Platform 9 ¾ and even snap a photo on your way to the Hogwarts Express.
If you’ve been before, you can explore the new addition to the studio tour, Gringotts Wizarding Bank. As you walk through the impressive marble pillars and towering desks, you’ll be able to check out the prosthetics and costumes belonging to the goblin bankers and even head into the depths of the bank to Bellatrix Lastrange’s vault to see some of the treasures stored there.
When Theyve Got To Go
Finally as a side note, be aware that toilet facilities are limited inside the tour.
There is a toilet block in the car park . And as soon as you get inside, there is a bigger set of loos in the lobby. However, in the first section of the Harry Potter studio tour I saw only one small set of toilets. This was the area youre likely to spend the longest in, up to and including the cafe and backlot. And there were just four cubicles in that particular Ladies toilet. Unsurprisingly, there seemed to always be a queue during our visit.
Familiar scenes are everywhere.
You May Like: How Many Reading Counts Points Is Harry Potter
What Sets Are There Outside At Harry Potter Studios
Knight Bus and Privet Drive Walk over the rickety Hogwarts Bridge
There is seating outside just beyond the Backlot Cafe where you are allowed to bring your own food to eat. Here you also get a nice view of the Knight Bus, the houses in Privet Drive, Hogwarts Bridge, Godric’s Hollow, and further down the Ford Anglia car too!
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1
After unexpected events at the end of the previous year, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are entrusted with a quest to find and destroy Lord Voldemort’s secret to immortality the . It is supposed to be their final year at Hogwarts, but the collapse of the Ministry of Magic and Voldemort’s rise to power prevents them from attending. The trio undergo an arduous journey with many obstacles in their path including Death Eaters, Snatchers, the mysterious , and Harry’s connection with the Dark Lord’s mind becoming ever stronger.
Recommended Reading: Is Harry Potter World In Universal Studios Open
Take A Behind The Scenes Tour Of The Making Of Harry Potter At The Warner Bros Studio From London And Visit Diagon Alley And The Great Hall
- Mobile & printed vouchers accepted
Discover the magical treasures lying deep within the Gringotts vaults.Preferred Partners with Warner Bros. Studio Tour LondonBehind-the-scenes Walking TourReturn transportation from Central LondonStay entertained on board with screens showing the first Harry Potter movieStep inside and discover the actual Great Hall and Diagon AlleySee the actual props, costumes and effects from the Harry Potter film seriesBuy a cup of frothy Butterbeer nowWarner Bros. Studio Tour London is rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor with over 28,000 Excellent reviews
Added Safety Measures in Place
- Return transportation to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Entrance ticket to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Food and beverages
- We are charging a small fee for infants aged 3 to 4 for transportation only as they require a seat on the vehicle. Infants 2 years and under require a ticket although they are free. Entry to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is free for children 4 years and under.
Diagon Alley Mini Backpack
Get ready for your next year at Hogwarts with this stylish teal colored miniature backpack from Loungefly. Everything you could expect to see on your shopping journey to Diagon Alley can be found here! Potions, robes and other magical supplies adorn the all-over print of the main body of the bag, while stunning die cut artwork of textbooks, an owl and the Sorting Hat feature prominently on the front pocket. From the exquisite stitching to the Hogwarts crest charm zipper tab, no detail of this backpack has been left untouched!
Also Check: What Year Did The First Harry Potter Come Out
Warner Bros Studio Tour London: The Making Of Harry Potter
If youve fallen under the spell of Harry Potter and his magical wizarding world, a trip to the Warner. Bros Studio Tour London is an absolute must! Giving visitors a priceless peek into the making of the popular film series, the Harry Potter Studio Tour London is full of authentic sets such as the Great Hall, original props, incredible animatronics and special effects. Come with us to Leavesden and experience the brand-new Gringotts Bank set where you can learn how the magical coins are pressed! There’s no experience quite like it for Harry Potter fans of all ages!
You can cancel your booking and receive a full refund up to 72 hours before your time of travel
Golden Tours are the preferred partners of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. This allows us to offer our exclusive packages with return transportation, even when tickets arent available on the official website.
The Ethos Of Warner Brother’s Studio Tour
Warner Brothersâ UK president Josh Berger says visitors to Universal Studiosâ Wizarding World enjoy “a noisy American” experience, with “claptrap”. Berger says “Harry Potter fans are very passionate people. The experience here is a emotional one, to be in the actual Great Hall, to be in Diagon Alley. It’s more of a British experience.”
TripAdvisor reported that The Making of Harry Potter has been the highest rated attraction worldwide every year since the tour opened. I think theyâve done us proud.
Tui Issues Travel Update As Uk Airport Set To Close
Tickets are on sale now, and the event runs from September 24 to November 7.
The Studio Tours Hogwarts after Dark events will take place on 6th, 7th and 8th October from 7:30pm until midnight and tickets are priced at £260pp.
Currently running is the A Celebration of Slytherin event, which features the Slytherin common room, and is running until September 15.
The popular Hogwarts in the Snow will return from November 13, which sees festive decorations with Christmas trees, feasts and snow across the castle and Diagon Alley.
The studio has many other popular sets to visit all year too including, The Forbidden Forest and Platform 9 and 3/4.
The Gringotts Wizarding Bank which first opened in 2019 will also be back this year.
Tip Number Six: Take Advantage Of The Free Stuff
Yes, there are some free things! Most notably the free Harry Potter studio tour Passports that you can pick up for the kids in the lobby guides were giving them out or you can ask for them from the information desk.
These passports are a great little souvenir, with spaces on each page for embossed stamps that the kids will find on their way around the tour.
There are also clues to help locate golden snitches that are hidden throughout the tour, and a couple of extra pages with puzzles and questions to entertain the kids.
Pick up a free Harry Potter Passport for the kids!Look out for all six stamps for your passport!
Read Also: What Does Snogging Mean In Harry Potter
Hotels Near London Victoria Train Station
- Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road great value 3* property just 5 minutes walk from London Victoria train station
- The Resident Hotel well reviewed 4* property, five minutes from London Victoria.
- Lime Tree Hotel â A well reviewed boutique hotel, around nine minutes walk from London Victoria
- Walrus Bar and Hostel its not too close to London Victoria , but its very central and is a great budget option for London in general
Tip Number Seven: Keep An Eye Out For Animatronic Or Interactive Displays
Its not always obvious, but some of the displays at the Harry Potter studio tour can be set in motion with either buttons or interactive boards. The kids loved hunting down these interactive areas, so keep your eyes peeled for them as you walk round.
Probably the first was right near the start of the tour. Underneath the giant pendulum from The Prisoner of Azkaban are a row of touchscreen interfaces containing a digital Mauraders Map. Our kids loved this and spent ages exploring the different links.
Further on, The Burrows set display has a number of little screens in front of it each of these sets a different one of Mrs Weasleys household Magiks into action. G-Man spent quite a while here, doing the ironing. I hope he likes it as much when hes older.
The interactive Burrows setLook out for the Marauders Map
Also Check: Harry Potter Castle Light Show
Why You Should Take Harry Potter Studio Tours
There are 2 types of people in the world Potterheads and Non-Potterheads, youre either a fan of the wondrous world of Harry Potter or youre not. For decades the wizarding world of Harry Potter has enthralled adults and children alike, and weve all some time or the other day-dreamed or imagined getting a Hogwarts letter, shopping at Diagon Alley, getting a wand at Ollivanders, and riding the Hogwarts Express. Well, now is your chance to fulfill those dreams by taking a Harry Potter Studio Tour London.
With your Harry Potter studio tour tickets, enjoy a day of unforgettable fun exploring the wizarding world. Become a part of the film, learn about its mysteries and behind-the-scenes secrets, and see real props from the movie. And of course, everyone will be rewarded with a fascinating glimpse into the filming process of the legendary franchise.
Read on, to learn all about the options for a Harry Potter Studio Tour, the attractions, the prices, and what to expect from this marvelous Harry Potter Tour experience.