Why Is A Phoenix Representative Of Dumbledore
In this 2004-09-15 interview with J. K. Rowling , we find this question and answer.
What form does Dumbledores Patronus take?
Good question. Can anyone guess? You have had a clue. There was a little whisper there. It is a phoenix, which is very representative of Dumbledore for reasons that I am sure you can guess.
In what sense is a phoenix very representative of Dumbledore?
I have a couple of theories, which are personally my own, based on the extended re-reading of the HP series. I should re-iterate these are just speculation.
As we come to know in DH, Dumbledore was best friends with Grindelwald for a while in his youth. Both of them planned to control the Muggles of the world for what Dumbledore atleast believed was the greater good of wizardkind. However, Dumbledore saw the error of his ways and matured into one of the greatest wizards of all time and a fierce supporter of Muggle and Muggle-born rights. This is somewhat akin to a Phoenix transformation, in the sense that a Phoenix is always born from the ashes of its own death.
However, there is no evidence that states Dumbledores Patronus was anything other than a Phoenix at anytime in the past, so my second theory could be complete horse crap.
This bit sheds some light on the issue:
Casting of the charm:
Harry Potter: And how do you conjure it?
Remus Lupin: With an incantation, which will work only if you are concentrating, with all your might, on a single, very happy memory.
He Most Probably Returned To The Wild From Whence He Came
While Phoenixes do make very faithful pets,
Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets.
their loyalty is only to their owners. Fawkess loyalty was to Dumbledore.
When Harry has previously seen the study with a different headmaster he saw it with Dippet and Fawkes was not there then. Fawkes is Dumbledores possession, not a Hogwarts possession.
Very few wizards have ever succeeded in bonding with a Phoenix.
The phoenix gains a XXXX rating not because it is aggressive, but because very few wizards have ever succeeded in domesticating it.
Fawkes Dumbledores Phoenix Set Review
Posted By Adam White on Jul 15, 2021 |
Last year the LEGO® Harry Potter range expanded beyond the usual playset scenes to offer its first displayable build in the form of Hedwig. This unique kinetic construct must have been popular as its been followed up by another creature from the wizarding world of Harry Potter. Professor Dumbledores Phoenix companion, Fawkes, provides another unique Harry Potter set. But how does it shape up compared to Hedwig? Heres my review of the awkwardly named Fawkes, Dumbledores Phoenix set.
What Does A Phoenix Look Like In Harry Potter
As phoenixes approach their Burning Day they resemble a half-plucked turkey. Their eyes become dull, their feathers start to fall out, and it begins to make gagging noises. Then the bird suddenly bursts into flames only to rise from the ashes shortly after. In a number of days, they grow back to full size.
Death Fire Ash And Rebirth
Two different stories are associated with the phoenix in medieval bestiaries. In both variants, the phoenixs self-immolation is depicted as an allegory for Jesuss sacrifice for the good of humankind.
In one story, there is only one phoenix in the world who lives more than 500 years. When he senses that he has grown old, he builds a funeral pyre with spice-bush branches, turns toward the sun and, with a flap of his wings, sets himself on fire. On the third day, a new phoenix rises from the ashes of the old.
In the other story, a covering of frankincense, myrrh, and other scented plants is created in Heliopolis by a priest in the spring. When the phoenix reaches the end of its life, which can be up to 500 years long, it mounts the altar and the pyre is set on fire. The next day, a worm is found in the beasts ashes, which grows every day until it becomes a phoenix again.
Although most medieval stories involving the phoenix follow these same plots, there is less consistency when it comes to the size and color of the bird. Most accounts of the phoenix describe or depict it as blue and purple, or crimson. Some bestiaries portray the phoenix as primarily white and brown. And as described by Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder in his first-century book Natural History, which influenced later bestiary texts, the phoenix is as large as an eagle and is yellow, purple, and rose.
Read Also: Draco Malfoy Drawing Easy
Magical Creatures In Harry Potter
Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
In the fourth novel, Dumbledore introduces the Triwizard Tournament. He also serves as a judge during the entire event. When Harry’s name comes out of the Goblet of Fire, Dumbledore is not enraged, but remains calm simply asking Harry whether he had himself, or had asked an older student to submit his name ” rel=”nofollow”> film version he does get angry to the point of manhandling Harry). When Harry answers no, he believes him. By the end of the book, Dumbledore’s fears are realized when Harry returns from his encounter with Voldemort clutching the dead body of Cedric Diggory and when Mad-Eye Moody takes Harry away from Dumbledore and to his office inside the castle. Dumbledore immediately becomes suspicious and heads straight towards Moody’s office with Minerva McGonagall and Severus Snape to save Harry and to interrogate Crouch. Afterwards, Dumbledore listens to Harry’s eyewitness account about Voldemort’s return. Harry though, only wakes up later to find Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge in the hospital wing arguing with McGonagall and Dumbledore about the situation of Voldemort’s return and the consequences that would follow should Fudge remain in denial of this fact.
Read Also: Werewolf In Harry Potter Name
Ultimate Harry Potter Online Trivia Quiz
51. What is Harrys Blood Status?Answer: Half-Blood.
52. What colour are Harrys eyes?Answer: Green.
53. What is Harrys patronus form?Answer: Stag.
54. What is Harrys job when he grows up?Answer: Head of the Auror Office.
55. What is Harrys house at Hogwarts?Answer: Gryffindor.
56. What charm was placed over the Potters house to protect them from Lord Voldemort?Answer: Fidelius Charm.
57. Who was the Potters secret keeper?Answer: Peter Pettigrew.
58. Who was Harrys first kiss was with?Answer: Cho Chang.
59. Where did Harry first meet Quirinus Quirrell?Answer: The Leaky Cauldron.
60. Where did Harry first talk to a snake?Answer: At The Zoo.
61. What toy did Harry play with in his cupboard under the stairs?Answer: Toy Soldiers.
62. What does Harrys boggart turns into?Answer: Dementors.
63. What is the length of Harrys wand?Answer: Eleven inches.
64. What is at the core of Harrys wand?Answer: Phoenix feather.
65. What wood is Harrys wand made from?Answer: Holly.
66. What school would Harry have attended if he was not a wizard?Answer: Stonewall High.
67. What was Harrys first broom?Answer: Nimbus 2000.
68. Who was Harrys first quidditch match was against?Answer: Slytherin.
69. What is the name of the animal that pulls the school carriages at Hogwarts?Answer: Thestrals.
70. Which mirror did Harry see his parents in?Answer: The Mirror Of Erised.
71. Who was the first person to captain Harry in quidditch?Answer: Oliver Wood.
Harry Potter And The Half
In the sixth book, Dumbledore fetches Harry from Privet Drive and takes him to persuade Horace Slughorn to rejoin the Hogwarts staff. Harry notices that Dumbledore’s right hand is shrivelled and black. During the school year, Dumbledore teaches Harry of events in Voldemort’s past that he feels are of immense importance. Using the Pensieve, they visit the memories of others, which contain important information about Voldemort’s life and his genocidal rise to power. While using the pensieve, Harry sees a vision of Dumbledore’s first encounter with the young Tom Riddle Dumbledore had known from the beginning that the boy was dangerous, but believed that Hogwarts would change him.
It is learned that Voldemort created six Horcruxes to gain immortality and that they must all be destroyed before Harry goes after the final piece of Voldemort’s soul in the Dark Lord’s body. Harry also repeatedly warns Dumbledore in most of their lessons that school bully Draco Malfoy is working for Voldemort. Dumbledore refuses to take any action against Draco, and instead tells Harry that he already knows more about what is happening than Harry does.
Also Check: Who Composed The Music For Harry Potter
Harry Potter Quiz Questions And Answers Harry Potter Easy And Hard Quiz 2018
1. Who was flying with Mad Eye when he died?Answer: Mundungus Fletcher.
2. What is the name of the device that Dumbledore uses when putting out the street lights on Privet Drive?Answer: Deluminator.
3. Which person took Fleur to the Yule Ball?Answer: Roger Davies.
4. Was Trevor owned by a Weasley as a pet?Answer: No.
5. What prison was Gellert Grindelwald sent to?Answer: Nurmengard.
6. Is The Blackthorn Wand one of the Deathly Hallows?Answer: No.
7. What position does Harry play on the Quidditch team?Answer: Seeker.
8. Is unicorn hair an ingredient of Harrys wand?Answer: No.
9. What dark wizard did Albus Dumbledore defeat in 1945?Answer: Grindelwald.
10. How did Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts their second year?Answer: flying car.
11. What is Tom Riddles middle name?Answer: Marvolo.
12. What did Dobby catch that set him free from Mr. Malfoy?Answer: Harrys dirty sock.
13. What do you destroy a Horcrux with?Answer: Basilisk venom
14. Who is Harry Potters godfather?Answer: Sirius BlackDoe.
15. Which type of insect is Ronald Weasley most afraid of?Answer: Spiders.
16. What breed of dragon is Hagrids pet?Answer: Norwegian Ridgeback.
17. What is Snapes Patronus?Answer: Doe.
18. What is the newspaper that appears in all 8 books?Answer: Daily Prophet.
19. In which London station do you stand between platform 9 and 10 to catch the train to Hogwarts?Answer: Kings Cross.
20. What is the name of Hagrids big dog?Answer: Fang.
In Harry Potter Will Fawkes Return
Fawkes the phoenix is an integral character in the Harry Potter novels, in addition to being the pet of Dumbledore. At the close of the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Dumbledore dies, and Fawkes appears to leave Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as well. Many readers have speculated on whether or not the phoenix will return, and what bearing it will have on the final book in the Harry Potter series.
In the Harry Potter novels, phoenixes are particularly powerful magical animals about the size of swans with fiery plumage. J.K. Rowling retained the traditional mythology about the phoenix, that it burns to death when its body begins to fail and then rises anew from the ashes. However, she added a few qualities of her own. According to Rowling, phoenixes are intensely loyal creatures, and their tears possess healing qualities. Phoenixes can also provide strength through their singing, appear and disappear at will in a burst of flame, and can protect their owners by taking magical blows intended for them.
Dont Miss: Harry Potter Broom Toy
Recommended Reading: What Is The Longest Harry Potter Movie
Is Fawkes Dumbledores Horcrux
Though it might have not been Albus fault, he felt responsible for it, and in order to get rid of that guilt, he literally separated that part of his soul from his body. In the end, Harry Potter fans will believe whatever they want, but Fawkes was definitely not Dumbledores horcrux.
Is Dumbledore a phoenix? Director Chris Columbus said that Richard Harris, who played Dumbledore in the first and second Harry Potter films before his death, believed that the animatronic Fawkes the phoenix was a real bird. . No, we never told him, Columbus said.
Was Fawkes tail feather in Harrys wand?
Known donors. The only phoenix known to have donated his feathers to make a wand was Fawkes, Albus Dumbledores domesticated bird. He only gave two feathers. The first feather resides in Harry Potters wand and the other resides in Tom Riddles wand.
What is Avada Kedavra? The Killing Curse was a tool of the Dark Arts and was one of the three Unforgivable Curses. When cast successfully on a living person or creature, the curse caused instantaneous and painless death, without causing any injury to the body, and without any trace of violence.
Is Fawkes In Crimes Of Grindelwald
Is Newt Hagrids dad? In Short the answer is No. Newt Is not Father Of Hagrid .
Is Newt Scamander related to Hagrid? The theorized connection is based on a quote by a massive acromantula, Aragog, in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: I came to Hagrid from a distant land, in the pockets of a traveler. Newt Scamander, who famously collects magical creatures during his world travels in Fantastic Beasts, fits Aragogs description
Is Queenie related to Luna Lovegood? Mr.Goldstein: The father of Queenie and Porpentina Tina Goldstein, father-in-law of Newt Scamander, and great-grandfather of Rolf Scamander and great-grandfather-in-law of Luna Lovegood. Goldstein was a wizard and married to Mrs. Goldstein, having two daughters, Porpentina and Queenie
Recommended Reading: Harry Potter Dob
Dumbledores Army Harry Potter Wiki Fando
Morgan Hetu-Davis Indias Animals Bengal Tigers Bengal Tiger The Bengal Tiger is the national animal of India. Indian folklore is full of about the majestic ways of tigers. In the 1970s, tiger numbers fell to under 1,000. They have made Category talk:Animal | Dumbledores Army Role-Play Wiki | Fandom. Dumbledores Army Role-Play Wiki. Explore. Main Page Discuss All Pages Community Recent blog posts. Pet Name Details Dumbledore. Meaning: Hogwarts headmaster and the wisest wizard of his generation. Screen Details: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone Find the right tag for Dumbledore from our huge range
Magical Abilities And Skills
Phoenix tears have healing powers
- Immortality: Like all phoenixes, Fawkes appeared to be immortal. He periodically died by bursting into flames , and was then reborn from the ashes. He was also immune to the gaze of a basilisk, making phoenixes the only known creatures to be unaffected by the deadly serpent’s gaze. Additionally Fawkes was able to swallow Lord Voldemort’s Killing Curse and was quickly reborn.
- Healing magic: Fawkes was also able to heal most injuries simply by crying on them. Phoenix tears are the only known cure for basilisk venom, which of course he used to heal Harry Potter‘s infected wound after the Skirmish in the Chamber of Secrets in 1993. In 1995, he used his healing tears to cure Harry again of the effects of Acromantula venom.
- “There was a flash of fire and the phoenix had gone.”
- Fawkes Apparating via fire
- Super strength: As a phoenix, Fawkes can carry immensely heavy loads. For example, he carried the combined weight of Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley and Gilderoy Lockhart out of the Chamber of Secrets.
- Physical Combat: Although Phoenixes are gentle and are not known for fighting, Fawkes was able to blind the Serpent of Slytherin in the Chamber of Secrets by gouging out its eyes, showing he had clear ability in physically wounding his opponents.
Don’t Miss: Weasley Twins Death
Does Newt Marry Tina
Tina eventually married Newt and moved to the United Kingdom. The couple had at least one child, who in turn gave them a grandson, Rolf. As of the late 20th century, she lived with her husband in Dorset with their pet Kneazles: Hoppy, Milly, and Mauler.
Who married Neville Longbottom? We now know that Neville ended up marrying Hannah Abbott and became Herbology Professor at Hogwarts. Plus he and his wife lived above the Leaky Cauldron. Neville finally got his happy ending and heres why he deserved it more than anybody else.
Dont forget to share this post
Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
At the beginning of the third novel, Dumbledore is forced to accept Dementors onto his school’s grounds for the protection of his students from Sirius Black, a supposed murderer and accessory to murder, who had escaped from Azkaban. After Black’s breach into Hogwarts, Dumbledore issues orders to close every entrance to the school and grounds. After Harry falls off his broomstick during a Quidditch match because of the Dementors, Dumbledore becomes uncharacteristically angry with them and uses his wand to cause Harry to levitate safely to the ground. Later in that book, Dumbledore suggests that Hermione use her Ministry-approved Time-Turner to go back three hours to save Buckbeak the hippogriff and Black from their unjust executions.
You May Like: Who Dies In The Last Harry Potter Movie