Chapter 3: Priori Incantatem
- Toward the end of the book when Voldemort puts the Imperius Curse on Harry, the book says “for the third time in his life,” but toward the middle of the book it states Harry had the Imperius Curse put on him four times by Moody .
- This, however, may have been a reference to the number of occasions and situations on which it was used rather than the exact number of times the curse was placed on him.
Chapter : The Quidditch Final
- Oliver Wood: So you must catch it only if were more than fifty points up Only if were more than fifty points up, Harry, or we win the match but lose the Cup. Youve got that, havent you? You must catch the Snitch only if were
- Harry Potter: I KNOW, OLIVER!
- Wood constantly nagging Harry about the final Quidditch game
Harry playing in the Quidditch final
Buckbeaks impending execution causes the friends to reconcile. Ron promises to help Hermione work on filing an appeal for Buckbeaks case, since Harry will be too busy with Quidditch practice sessions for the final match. After Malfoy mocks Hagrid during one of his classes, Hermione smacks him in the face. She then accidentally skips Charms. In Divination, Hermione finally explodes and drops the class.
In May, the Quidditch final takes place: Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. Gryffindor needs to be more than fifty points ahead before Harry can catch the Golden Snitch in order to win the Quidditch Cup. On the morning of the match, Harry catches another glimpse of the dog, this time with Crookshanks. In the match, Gryffindor take an early lead, and Slytherin resorts to cheating. This helps the Gryffindor team to gain penalty shots and get further ahead. Harry manages to catch the snitch at the right moment, allowing Gryffindor to come in first in the overall points and win the Quidditch Cup at last.
Chapter 2: The Egg And The Eye
- After Harry is returning from figuring out the egg clue in the prefect’s bathroom he gets stuck in the vanishing stair. This causes the egg to fall down the stairs making a racket and the Marauders Map to flutter away. Harry struggles to reach the map with his wand to clear the information. However, Harry just perfected the Accio summoning charm for the first task. He could have summoned the egg and the map and hid under the invisibility cloak until Filch and Snape gave up and left.
Recommended Reading: Who Plays Lord Voldemort In Harry Potter
Who Are The Brothers In Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Dobby disappeared and shortly after, Harrys best friend, Ron Weasley, and his brothers, Fred and George, arrived in a flying Ford Anglia to rescue Harry from his prison. Harry collected his things, scrambled through the bedroom window and into the backseat of the car. Fred revved-up the engine and they flew off into the night sky.
Chapter 1: The Chamber Of Secrets
- It is stated that the Basilisk was able to move through the castle’s pipes, but it remains unknown how something as large as the Basilisk would be able to fit through the plumbing.
- Based on the fact that Harry, Ron and Lockhart are able to move through the plumbing to get to the Chamber later on, it may be that the pipes for Hogwarts are simply that large, or may change shape depending on their load, just as the staircases can move.
Recommended Reading: How Many Pages Is Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone
Chapter 1: The Heir Of Slytherin
Tom Riddle’s diary
- “Haven’t I already told you that killing Mudbloods doesn’t matter to me anymore? For many months now, my new target has been you.”
- Tom Riddle to Harry
Harry finds himself standing at the end of a long dimly-lit giant hall. At the far end by the foot of Slytherin’s statue, he finds Ginny lying on the ground, pale and cold. He drops his wand and runs to her, trying to get a response from her, but to no avail. Tom Riddle approaches them, holding Harry’s wand, and explains that his presence in the present is because he is a memory, which had been preserved in his own diary for fifty years. He then reveals what has happened: Riddle had opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago and planned to purge the school of Muggle-borns however, when he learned that the school was going to close down due to the attacks and that Dumbledore was keeping a closer watch on him, he had no choice but to cease the attacks and frame Hagrid for doing it. He eventually left behind a diary containing the memory of his sixteen-year-old self in hopes that it would, one day, fall into the hands of an unsuspecting victim who would help him to finish his work.
Chapter 1: The Four Champions
- Harry is said to be facing competitors who’d had three years more magical education than he had. But Cedric was only two full school years above Harry, so he’d only had two years’ more magical education than Harry. However, Harry could have simply been referring to their ages and not their exact years of magical knowledge.
- The book never says that all of Harry’s competitors are three years above him: just that Harry would be up against those who are. Given that Cedric Diggory is only two years above Harry, “competitors who’d had three years’ more magical education than he had” could be taken to mean Viktor Krum and Fleur Delacour but not Cedric Diggory.
Don’t Miss: Is Harry Potter On Amazon Prime For Free
Chapter : Flight Of The Fat Lady
- On page 117 of the UK paperback edition, when Harry is talking to Lupin about the Boggart and he mentions Voldemort, it says “The only person Harry had ever heard say the name aloud was Professor Dumbledore” But in the Philosopher’s Stone, Hagrid says, “Nah – can’t spell it. All right – Voldemort.” Although, Harry may have excluded Hagrid as he does not use the name habitually. Hagrid also whispered it begrudgingly.
Flight Of The Fat Lady
- While the book has Peeves describe Sirius Blacks attack on the Fat Ladys portrait after learning about this from her when he saw her in a portrait on the fourth floor, in the film it was the Fat Lady herself that described the attack from a nearby portrait.
- In the book, while Harry cannot go to Hogsmeade and stays with Lupin, they spend their time in his office and Harry sees a Grindylow which Lupin was taking delivery of for their next lesson, while in the film, they are talking on the Wooden Bridge after apparently meeting there. This difference creates a continuity error in the seventh film when Lupin interrogates Harry after the Battle of the Seven Potters holding his wand to Harrys face and asking him what creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts. A deleted scene is assumed to show this, before the two of them went for a walk on the Wooden Bridge.
Also Check: Are They Putting Harry Potter On Netflix
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Two years later, it was time for the next Harry Potter movie to have the heroes step up and start to fight back. David Yates directed this film and remained with the franchise to the end. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix saw the rise of the powerful Order of the Phoenix to battle the Death Eaters, and Harry learned who his real allies were.
This was the step in Harry’s journey where he found himself betrayed, as the Ministry of Magic refused to believe Voldemort was back and left the Order to fight alone, which resulted in the death of Harry’s beloved godfather Sirius Black.
A Symbol Of His Pride
Salazar Slytherin, in his time at Hogwarts, was growing increasingly confident about his importance to the school. It seems that this opinion of himself had hit an unhealthy level by the time he built the Chamber of Secrets. At least, if the décor has anything to say about it.
The Chamber of Secrets may have housed a Basilisk, but it also housed many other things as well. Who can forget about the giant statue of Salazar Slytherin, as well as banners, plaques, and emblems portraying snakes? And remember, snakes were the symbol for the Slytherin House, as well as for Salazar himself .Its no wonder the founders ended up forcing Slytherin out in the end. If these remnants are any indication of his pride, he had likely stopped listening to their opinions a long time ago.
You May Like: Voldemort Garter Belt
Video On Demand And Streaming
The movie was made available on Video on Demand and for streaming in 2009, but it is not widely available anymore. However, it seems that you could still rent the Sorcerers Stone Extended Version on Amazon, but the Chamber of Secrets is unavailable. On Amazon UK it is possible to buy and rent both extended versions.
It Is The Unknown We Fear Nothing More
Relive Harrys sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. With a little help from the Half-Blood Prince, Harry becomes a wiz at potions, wins the Felix Felicis luck potion, and uncovers the meaning of Horcruxes!
Nicholas Hoopers wonderful score and J.K. Rowlings classic tale combine for all the adventure, humour, and suspense you remember in an experience youll never forget.
As Lord Voldemort tightens his grip on both the Muggle and Wizarding Worlds, Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing Harry for the battle fast approaching. Even as the showdown looms, romance blossoms for Harry, Ron and Hermione and their classmates. Love is in the air, but danger lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.
Recommended Reading: What Hogwarts House Am I Pottermore Quiz
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1
The Harry Potter movies are world-renown for a plethora of reasons. But, they also began the trend of splitting popular books into multiple parts in order to tell a more complete story. When Warner Bros opted to split up the final Harry Potter book into two movies, other popular franchises like Twilight quickly followed suit. The seventh film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, has a run time of 2 hours and 27 minutes.
Uses In Education And Business
Writers on education and business subjects have used the book as an object lesson. Writing about clinical teaching in medical schools, Jennifer Conn contrasted Snapes technical expertise with his intimidating behaviour towards students. Quidditch coach Madam Hooch on the other hand, illustrated useful techniques in the teaching of physical skills, including breaking down complex actions into sequences of simple ones and helping students to avoid common errors. Joyce Fields wrote that the books illustrate four of the five main topics in a typical first-year sociology class: sociological concepts including culture, society, and socialisation stratification and social inequality social institutions and social theory.
Stephen Brown noted that the early Harry Potter books, especially Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, were a runaway success despite inadequate and poorly organised marketing. Brown advised marketing executives to be less preoccupied with rigorous statistical analyses and the analysis, planning, implementation, and control model of management. Instead he recommended that they should treat the stories as a marketing masterclass, full of enticing products and brand names. For example, a real-world analogue of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans was introduced under licence in 2000 by toymaker Hasbro.
Recommended Reading: Are The Harry Potter Movies On Amazon Prime
Chapter 2: The Final Hiding Place
- Harry drips dittany through the singed hole in his jeans to the angry burn beneath, but he has just got changed, so he shouldn’t be wearing his singed jeans anymore. Not much later in this chapter, Harry returns from an excursion into Voldemort’s mind, and is “vaguely surprised” that he is “still wet to his skin”, which he should not be since he had got changed into dry robes earlier. Harry may have been so affected by this excursion that he woke up in a cold sweat, but this is unlikely, since Harry has had a lot of experience seeing Voldemort’s thoughts by this point, and because the statement implies that Harry’s clothing is still soaked.
Chapter : In Memoriam
- Stripping away the popular image of serene, silver-bearded wisdom, Rita Skeeter reveals the disturbed childhood, the lawless youth, the lifelong feuds and the guilty secrets Dumbledore carried to his grave.
- â Description of Rita Skeeters book about Dumbledores life
Harry looking at the shard of the Two-Way Mirror given to him by Sirius Black
Harry, meanwhile, is rummaging through his school trunk, sorting what he will need to take with him from what will be left behind. While taking a break, he reads some articles about Dumbledore. One is sympathetic, the other critical. In those obituaries, it is revealed that Albuss father Percival supposedly hated Muggles and had attacked three Muggle boys, earning himself imprisonment in Azkaban, where he later died. The other article is an interview by Rita Skeeter, concerning a forthcoming biography of Dumbledore entitled The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, in which she hints that Dumbledore was responsible for the death of his younger sister Ariana, and that he was, at one time, a wizarding supremacist with Gellert Grindelwald.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Clasp On Harry Potter Robe
Also Check: Who Plays Lord Voldemort In Harry Potter
Review: Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone In Concert At The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra At Strathmore
Lights, music, and magic!
Last night the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra brought Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, the first film of the beloved franchise, to the Strathmore stage in this latest installment of their wildly popular Movie and Music series.
Under the talented baton of guest conductor Justin Freer, the BSO performs live every note of this beautiful John Williams score in conjunction with a screening of the film to a sold-out auditorium.
Harry Potter is and will remain a cultural phenomenon with fans of all generations, and this concert could not have been more perfectly timed to coincide with the resurgence in popularity of the enterprise following the release of the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child screenplay book just last week. Fans of all ages, from the very young to the bit more stately, came fully attired in resplendent wizards robes, Hogwarts outfits, and other fan favorite garb. Merchandise sold models of Harry Potter character wands, and refreshment booths had Harry Potter themed appetizers and drink offerings.
The evening was a wonderful and encompassing environment to satisfy any Potter lover. While all reveled in the fun and the excitement of the franchise and its fandom, it was truly the music behind it all that brought us together for this evening of entertainment.
Running Time: 3 hours, with one 15-minute intermission.
Inspiration And Mothers Death
Rowling worked as a researcher and bilingual secretary in London for Amnesty International, then moved with her boyfriend to Manchester where she worked at the Chamber of Commerce. In 1990, she was on a four-hour delayed train trip from Manchester to London when the idea came fully formed into her mind for a story of a young boy attending a school of wizardry. When she reached her Clapham Junction flat, she began to write immediately.
In December 1990, Rowlings mother Anne died after ten years suffering from multiple sclerosis. Rowling was writing Harry Potter at the time and had never told her mother about it. Her mothers death heavily affected Rowlings writing, and she channelled her own feelings of loss by writing about Harrys grief in greater detail in the first book.
Don’t Miss: What Harry Potter House Am I In Test
Chapter 1: The Secret Riddle
- It says, “… Dumbledore entered the room… It was a small bare room with nothing in it except an old wardrobe and an iron bedstead.” A couple paragraphs later, “Dumbledore drew up the hard wooden chair beside Riddle, so that the pair of them looked rather like a hospital patient and visitor.”
- This may have been a pun, since with Dumbledore especially, the term “draw up a chair” is used in a literal sense several times when Dumbledore magically conjures a chair by drawing it. This may have been a covert way of implying this, especially considering Riddle may have missed this action by Dumbledore.